Hello everybody, welcome to our recipe site, If you’re looking for recipes idea to cook today, look no further! We provide you only the perfect Red Lentil Curry (daal) recipe here. We also have wide variety of recipes to try.
Before you jump to Red Lentil Curry (daal) recipe, you may want to read this short interesting healthy tips about Healthy Eating Can Be An Easy Option.
Making the decision to eat healthily offers great benefits and is becoming a more popular way of life. The overall economy is impacted by the number of individuals who are dealing with health problems such as high blood pressure, which is directly related to poor eating habits. Although we’re constantly being advised to follow healthy eating habits, it is also easier than ever to rely on fast food and other convenience items that are not good for us. People typically think that healthy diets demand a great deal of work and will significantly change how they live and eat. It is possible, however, to make a few simple changes that can start to make a difference to our everyday eating habits.
One initial thing you can do is to pay close attention to the choices you make when you’re shopping for food since you most probably pick out lots of food items out of habit. For example, if you have cereal for breakfast, do you ever check to see what the sugar and salt content is before getting it? A good healthy alternative can be porridge oats which have been proven to be beneficial for your heart and can give you good sustainable energy at the start of the day. Add fruits or spices to improve the flavor and now you have a breakfast that can be a usual part of your new healthy eating regimen.
As you can see, it is not difficult to begin making healthy eating a part of your daily lifestyle.
We hope you got benefit from reading it, now let’s go back to red lentil curry (daal) recipe. You can cook red lentil curry (daal) using 18 ingredients and 11 steps. Here is how you do that.
The ingredients needed to cook Red Lentil Curry (daal):
- Provide 1 of pot :.
- Use 5 cup of 5-6 cup of water in a pot.
- You need 1 1/2 cup of Red lentils (washed).
- Prepare 4 small of 4-5 small curry leaves (food flavour and smell).
- Take 1 tsp of Garlic paste.
- Provide 1 tsp of Ginger paste.
- Use of Spices.
- You need 1/2 tsp of Chilli/ cayenne powder (for heat).
- Prepare 1 of Whole chicken bouillon cube.
- Use 1 tsp of All spice powder (garam masala).
- Provide 1/2 tsp of Cumin powder.
- Take 1 of Salt.
- Use of Separate pan.
- You need 1 medium of Onion.
- Provide 3 of Curry leaves.
- Take 1/2 tsp of Cumin seeds.
- You need 3 tbsp of Olive or canola oil.
- You need 1 of Chopped coriander (cilantro) leaves to garnish.
Instructions to make Red Lentil Curry (daal):
- In a pot, boil water and add in the washed red lentils when water starts boiling along with the curry leaves..
- Cover halfway and cook at medium until lentils are tender and they turn yellow Estimated time would be from within 15-20 minutes.
- Add the garlic and ginger (mix well).
- Add in the spices and cook on medium heat for 10 minutes.
- On a separate pan: add in the olive oil/ or your choice of oil and wait till it warms up.
- Add in the cumin seeds and the curry leaves and fry for 25 seconds.
- Add in the sliced onions and fry until brown (not burnt).
- In the pot: add in the fried onions and mix well. Turn heat up high and stir occasionally (make sure nothing sticks) for 5 minutes.
- After 5 minutes bring the heat back to low (3) and cook for another 5 minutes until the curry thickens.
- Serve with basmati/white/brown rice or roti (flat bread).
- Garnish it with cilantro when on the plate.
If you find this Red Lentil Curry (daal) recipe helpful please share it to your close friends or family, thank you and good luck.