Hey everyone, welcome to my recipe site, If you’re looking for new recipes to try this weekend, look no further! We provide you only the best Butter Chickpea Curry recipe here. We also have wide variety of recipes to try.
Before you jump to Butter Chickpea Curry recipe, you may want to read this short interesting healthy tips about Healthy Eating Can Be An Easy Choice.
The benefits of healthy eating are today being given more publicity than ever before and there are a number of reasons for this. There are many health conditions related to a poor diet and there is a cost to the overall economy as individuals suffer from health problems such as heart disease and hypertension. Although we’re always being encouraged to follow healthy eating habits, it is also easier than ever to depend on fast food and other convenience items that are not good for us. Most people typically believe that healthy diets require much work and will significantly alter how they live and eat. Contrary to that information, people can modify their eating habits for the better by carrying out a couple of simple changes.
You can get results without having to remove foods from your diet or make huge changes immediately. Even more important than totally changing your diet is just simply substituting healthy eating choices whenever possible. As you get accustomed to the taste of healthy foods, you will see that you’re eating more healthily than before. As with many other habits, change takes place over a period of time and once a new way of eating becomes part of who you are, you will not feel the need to revert to your old diet.
As you can see, it is not difficult to begin making healthy eating a regular part of your daily lifestyle.
We hope you got benefit from reading it, now let’s go back to butter chickpea curry recipe. To cook butter chickpea curry you only need 17 ingredients and 7 steps. Here is how you cook that.
The ingredients needed to prepare Butter Chickpea Curry:
- Get 4 tablespoons of butter, divided.
- Take 1 of large onion, finely chopped.
- You need 3 cloves of garlic, minced or presses.
- You need 1 tablespoon of freshly grated ginger.
- Provide 2 tablespoons of garam masala powder (a little less if you use the paste).
- Prepare 2 teaspoons of mild curry powder.
- Use 1 teaspoon of turmeric.
- Provide 1 teaspoon of cayenne pepper (adjust to taste).
- Take 1/4 teaspoon of ground cumin.
- Provide 1/4 teaspoon of salt.
- Prepare 170 g of tomato paste.
- Get 1 can (400 g) of diced tomatoes.
- Get 1 can (400 g) of full fat coconut milk.
- You need 3 cans (440 g) of chickpeas, drained and rinsed.
- Get 1 tablespoon of cornstarch.
- You need 4 tablespoons of heavy cream.
- Provide of Chopped cilantro or parsley as garnish.
Instructions to make Butter Chickpea Curry:
- Melt 2 tablespoons of butter in a large saucepan over medium-high heat. Add onions, a pinch of salt and sauté for about 5 minutes, until translucent, stirring once in a while..
- Add garlic and sauté for 1 minute, until fragrant. Add ginger and all the spices and sauté for 30 seconds, until fragrant. Add tomato paste and give a good stir..
- Add the can of diced tomatoes, fill the can 3/4 full with water and add to the pan..
- Bring to a low simmer, cover and cook for 10 minutes, stirring every now and then. Remove from the heat, add coconut milk. Transfer to a pot and purée with an immersion blender until smooth and creamy..
- Return the pot to heat, add chickpeas and give a good stir. Cover and gently simmer for about 20-25 minutes, stirring every now and then..
- In a small bowl whisk cornstarch and (cold) heavy cream. (If the cornstarch doesn’t dissolve well, add a tiny bit of cold water). Add the slurry and the remaining 2 tablespoons of butter and simmer for further 5 minutes stirring carefully, until the sauce starts to thicken..
- Take a taste and adjust seasoning as needed. Sprinkle with chopped fresh cilantro or parsley and serve with rice and/or boiled potatoes..
If you find this Butter Chickpea Curry recipe helpful please share it to your good friends or family, thank you and good luck.