Hello everybody, welcome to our recipe page, If you’re looking for new recipes to try this weekend, look no further! We provide you only the perfect Chicken, spinach & brown lentil coconut curry recipe here. We also have wide variety of recipes to try.
Before you jump to Chicken, spinach & brown lentil coconut curry recipe, you may want to read this short interesting healthy tips about Make Healthy Eating A Part of Your Day-To-Day Life.
The benefits of healthy eating are nowadays being given more attention than ever before and there are good reasons why this is so. The overall economy is impacted by the number of men and women who are suffering from health problems such as high blood pressure, which is directly associated with poor eating habits. There are more and more campaigns to try to get people to lead a healthier way of living and still it is also easier than ever to rely on fast, convenient food that is very bad for our health. It is likely that many people believe it will take lots of effort to eat a healthy diet or that they have to make a large scale change to how they live. It is possible, however, to make several minor changes that can start to make a positive impact to our day-to-day eating habits.
To see results, it is definitely not a necessity to drastically alter your eating habits. Even more important than totally altering your diet is just substituting healthy eating choices whenever you can. As you get used to the taste of healthy foods, you will discover that you’re eating more healthily than before. As you stick to your habit of eating healthier foods, you will find that you will not wish to eat the old diet.
Thus, it should be fairly obvious that it’s easy to add healthy eating to your life.
We hope you got insight from reading it, now let’s go back to chicken, spinach & brown lentil coconut curry recipe. To make chicken, spinach & brown lentil coconut curry you only need 19 ingredients and 3 steps. Here is how you cook that.
The ingredients needed to make Chicken, spinach & brown lentil coconut curry:
- Get of Curry paste.
- Prepare 1 of large onion.
- Prepare of Thumb size piece of ginger.
- Get 2 of large cloves of garlic.
- Use 1/2 of de-seeded red chilli.
- Prepare 1 of tspn ground cumin.
- Use of 1 tspn turmeric.
- Get 1 of tspn chilli powder.
- Take 1 of tspn ground coriander.
- Get of Big squeeze of tomato purée.
- You need of Drizzle of oil.
- Get of Curry.
- Get 4 of chicken breasts cut into chunks.
- Use 1 tin of coconut milk.
- Prepare 200 g of ready cooked brown lentils (I love oddpods).
- Get 1/2 tin of (use coconut milk tin) of water.
- Prepare of Salt and pepper.
- Prepare Handful of fresh coriander.
- Get Half of bag of washed spinach leaves.
Steps to make Chicken, spinach & brown lentil coconut curry:
- Saute onions for a couple of minutes in the oil until soft then add the chilli, ginger and garlic. Cook for another couple of minutes and add the spices from the paste section. Only cook them for another minute or so then blitz all of this together. Once blitzed add the tomato purée..
- Meanwhile, start cooking the chicken (cut into chunks) in the same pan and brown for a minute or so. Then re-add the paste over the chicken and cook for a few minutes till simmering. Then, off the heat, add the coconut milk and water, and season well with salt and pepper. Bring to the boil and simmer on the lowest heat for an hour or so until the chicken is nice and tender..
- Just when you’re ready to cook the rice, add the fresh coriander, spinach and cooked lentils to the curry and then pop the lid on till the rice is cooked. Serve with lots more fresh coriander and chopped red chilli. I also like to serve this curry with fluffy basmati rice, a salad and popadoms..
If you find this Chicken, spinach & brown lentil coconut curry recipe helpful please share it to your close friends or family, thank you and good luck.