Hey everyone, welcome to our recipe page, If you’re looking for new recipes to try this weekend, look no further! We provide you only the perfect Chickpea Curry recipe here. We also have wide variety of recipes to try.
Before you jump to Chickpea Curry recipe, you may want to read this short interesting healthy tips about Healthy Eating Doesn’t Have To Be A Chore.
The benefits of healthy eating are these days being given more publicity than ever before and there are many reasons for this. There are many diseases related to a poor diet and there is a cost to the overall economy as people suffer from conditions such as heart disease and hypertension. There are more and more efforts to try to get us to lead a healthier lifestyle and still it is also easier than ever to rely on fast, convenient food that is very bad for our health. It is likely that lots of people feel it will take a lot of effort to eat a healthy diet or that they have to make a large scale change to their way of life. In reality, though, merely making a couple of small changes can positively affect daily eating habits.
To see results, it is definitely not a necessity to drastically modify your eating habits. Even more important than totally modifying your diet is just substituting healthy eating choices whenever you can. Sooner or later, you will find that you actually prefer to ingest healthy foods after you have eaten that way for some time. As you continue your habit of eating healthier foods, you will find that you will not wish to eat the old diet.
As you can see, it is not difficult to start to make healthy eating a part of your daily lifestyle.
We hope you got benefit from reading it, now let’s go back to chickpea curry recipe. You can cook chickpea curry using 18 ingredients and 10 steps. Here is how you achieve that.
The ingredients needed to make Chickpea Curry:
- Provide 2 TBSP of Canola / Peanut / Vegetable Oil,.
- Prepare 1 of Red Onion Thinly Sliced,.
- Get Pinch of Sea Salt,.
- Provide Pinch of Black Pepper,.
- Take 3 Cloves of Garlic Finely Minced,.
- Provide 2 TSP of Bengal Style Garam Masala,.
- Get 1 TBSP of Madras Curry Powder,.
- Use Pinch of Cayenne,.
- Provide 14.5 oz of Chickpeas Canned Drained,.
- Get 14.5 oz of Tomatoes Canned Diced,.
- Take 14.5 oz of Coconut Milk,.
- Prepare 2 TBSP of Maple Syrup,.
- Provide 2 TBSP of Pic's Peanut Butter.
- Provide of Fresh Lemon Juice, 1/2 Lemon.
- Use of Fresh Lemon Zest, 1/2 Lemon.
- Use of Cauliflower Couscous, 4 Servings.
- Get of Vegan-Friendly Pita Homemade or Store-Bought, For Serving.
- You need of Coriander Coarsely Chopped, For Garnishing.
Instructions to make Chickpea Curry:
- You can use store-bought vegan-friendly pita or visit: https://www.fatdough.sg/post/2018/10/03/greek-pita-bread Replace the milk with any dairy-free milk for a vegan option..
- Pls visit: https://www.fatdough.sg/post/couscous-sweet-potato-boats for the couscous recipe..
- Pls visit: https://www.fatdough.sg/post/madras-curry-powder for the curry powder recipe..
- Pls visit: https://www.fatdough.sg/post/2019/11/21/bengal-style-garam-masala for the garam masala recipe..
- In a sauce pot over medium heat, drizzle oil. Once the oil is heated up, add in the onion. Season with salt and pepper..
- Saute until onions are caramelized. Add in garlic. Saute until aromatic. Add in the garam masala, curry powder and cayenne. Saute until aromatic..
- Add in chickpeas, tomatoes and coconut milk. *If you are using fresh chickpeas, soak them in water overnight.* Stir to combine well and deglaze the bottom of the pot. Bring it up to a simmer and turn the heat down to low..
- Cover and simmer for about 10 mins. *Stir occasionally to prevent burning.* Add in maple syrup and peanut butter. Taste and adjust for seasonings with salt and pepper..
- Give it a quick stir. Remove from heat. Finish the curry off with lemon juice and zest..
- Give it a final stir. Spoon over some cauliflower couscous or pita bread. Sprinkle some coriander over the top. Serve immediately..
If you find this Chickpea Curry recipe helpful please share it to your friends or family, thank you and good luck.