Hello everybody, welcome to my recipe page, If you’re looking for recipes idea to cook today, look no further! We provide you only the perfect "Saag Aloo" Potato with Spinach recipe here. We also have wide variety of recipes to try.
Before you jump to "Saag Aloo" Potato with Spinach recipe, you may want to read this short interesting healthy tips about Healthy Power Goodies.
Healthy eating encourages a feeling of wellness. Increasing our consumption of healthy foods while reducing the intake of unhealthy types contributes to a more wholesome feeling. A salad helps us feel a lot better than a piece of pizza (physically at any rate). Selecting healthier food choices can be tough when it’s snack time. Finding snack foods that will help us feel better and boost our stamina often involves lots of shopping and scrupulous reading of labels. Here are a handful of healthy snacks that you can use when you need an instant pick me up.
Eating almonds is a wonderful option as long as you don’t have a nut allergy. Almonds are often considered a super food because they’re packed full of ingredients that help boost our vitality while keeping us healthy. Almonds can be a natural source of B vitamins as well as other vitamins and minerals. Almonds, like turkey, come with the enzyme tryptophan which may often allow you to be sleepy. But whenever you eat almonds, you won’t feel like you must sleep a while. Instead they will merely help your muscles and gastrointestinal system relax while also helping you feel less frustrated. Your emotional condition is often lifted by simply eating almonds.
A large assortment of easy health snacks is easily available. Being healthy and balanced doesnt really need to be a battle-if you let it, it can be quite simple.
We hope you got insight from reading it, now let’s go back to "saag aloo" potato with spinach recipe. You can have "saag aloo" potato with spinach using 13 ingredients and 9 steps. Here is how you achieve it.
The ingredients needed to cook "Saag Aloo" Potato with Spinach:
- Provide 250 gms of potatoes.
- You need 200 gms of spinach leaves or frozen spinach or a handful of leaves.
- You need 1 Tbs of vegetable oil.
- Provide 1 of medium size onion finely chopped.
- Provide 1 tsp of roasted cumin seeds.
- Take 1/2 tsp of turmeric powder.
- Provide leaves of Few curry.
- Take 1 tsp of garam masala.
- Provide to taste of Salt.
- You need 1 tsp of ghee (optional).
- Take of Water.
- Provide of Freshly chopped coriander.
- Take of If using frozen spinach, defrost and cook with potatoes longer.
Steps to make "Saag Aloo" Potato with Spinach:
- Wash, peel and cut the potatoes in cubes. If using new potatoes you may leave the skin on if you prefer..
- Place the cubes potatoes in a microwave steamer, add a little salt, sprinkle with some water and steam in the microwave for 4-5 minutes. (Alternatively you may par boil the potatoes in water).
- Heat oil in a large non-stick pan over medium heat. Add the chopped onion and fry, add curry leaves, cumin seeds and cook all for 1 minute..
- Add the turmeric powder, stir fry taking care not to burn the spices. At this point if the spice mixture is too dry add a little water to create a steam..
- Add the potatoes, shake the pan and slowly fry the potatoes for about 10 minutes. Stirring occasionally until evenly cooked..
- By tossing the potatoes instead of constantly stirring will help the potatoes keep their shape and not get mushy..
- Now add the spinach stir all. Leave to cook together for another few minutes..
- Taste for seasoning and adjust as necessary..
- Remove from the heat, sprinkle with garam masala. Drizzle some ghee and freshly chopped coriander..
If you find this "Saag Aloo" Potato with Spinach recipe useful please share it to your friends or family, thank you and good luck.