Hello everybody, welcome to our recipe page, looking for the perfect Indian-style rice with chickpeas recipe? look no further! We provide you only the best Indian-style rice with chickpeas recipe here. We also have wide variety of recipes to try.
Before you jump to Indian-style rice with chickpeas recipe, you may want to read this short interesting healthy tips about Wholesome Energy Treats.
Healthy and balanced eating encourages a feeling of well being. Increasing our daily allowance of sensible foods while lowering the intake of unhealthy ones plays a role in a more healthy feeling. Eating fresh vegetables helps you feel a lot better than eating a piece of pizza. Sometimes it’s hard to find healthier foods for snacks between meals. Finding snacks that will help us feel better and boost our levels of energy often involves lots of shopping and scrupulous reading of labels. Here are some healthy snacks which you can use when you need a fast pick me up.
When searching for a convenient wholesome snack, make sure you remember about yogurt. Eating natural yogurt in place of a healthy larger lunch just isn’t a good idea. You can not beat yogurt any time it comes to a nutritious snack though. It contains tons of calcium, healthy proteins, and B vitamins. Yogurt is frequently eaten to help preserve the digestive system considering that it is so easily digestible by many people. Fast hint: select unsweetened yogurt and add in walnuts or flaxseeds. This reduces your sugar absorption without minimizing the taste of your snack.
A large selection of instant health snacks is easily obtainable. When you make the decision to be healthy, it’s simple to find what you need to be successful at it.
We hope you got benefit from reading it, now let’s go back to indian-style rice with chickpeas recipe. You can have indian-style rice with chickpeas using 10 ingredients and 4 steps. Here is how you achieve that.
The ingredients needed to cook Indian-style rice with chickpeas:
- Prepare 1 of onion.
- Prepare 1 of pepper.
- Get 1 clove of garlic.
- You need 2 tbsp of oil.
- Get 1-2 tbsp of curry paste (I use tikka masala).
- Prepare 1/2 of vegetable stock cube (or a pinch of salt).
- Get 190 g of basmati rice.
- Provide 1 tin of chickpeas.
- Take 1 of handfull of raisins.
- You need 500 ml of water.
Steps to make Indian-style rice with chickpeas:
- Chop the onion in small pieces and cut the pepper. Finely chop the garlic. Fry onion, peppers and garlic in the oil in a saucepan until the onions are soft..
- Add the curry paste and keep frying for another minute..
- Add the remaining ingredients and give it a good stir. Leave to simmer on low heat for 15 minutes (with lid on)..
- Take off the heat and leave for 10 minutes to absorb most of the water (it's meant to be a bit sticky). Serve as a side or a main with some mint yoghurt (recipe on my page) and naan bread. Enjoy!.
If you find this Indian-style rice with chickpeas recipe valuable please share it to your close friends or family, thank you and good luck.