Hello everybody, welcome to my recipe page, If you’re looking for recipes idea to cook today, look no further! We provide you only the best Thai Prawns/Shrimp Red Curry recipe here. We also have wide variety of recipes to try.
Before you jump to Thai Prawns/Shrimp Red Curry recipe, you may want to read this short interesting healthy tips about Healthy Eating Can Be An Easy Thing To Follow.
Deciding to eat healthily offers many benefits and is becoming a more popular way of living. There are numerous health conditions related to a poor diet and there is a cost to the overall economy as people suffer from conditions such as heart disease and high blood pressure. There are more and more campaigns to try to get people to lead a healthier way of living and nonetheless it is also easier than ever to rely on fast, convenient food that is very bad for our health. In all probability, most people assume that it takes a great deal of work to eat healthily and that they will have to drastically change their lifestyle. Contrary to that information, people can modify their eating habits for the better by implementing a couple of simple changes.
You can see results without eliminating foods from your diet or make huge changes at once. If you would like to commit to a wholesale change, that is OK but the main thing at first is to try to make sure that you are making more healthy eating choices. Soon enough, you will probably find that you will eat more and more healthy food as your taste buds become accustomed to the change. As you stick to your habit of eating healthier foods, you will discover that you no longer want to eat the old diet.
As you can see, it is easy to begin making healthy eating a regular part of your daily lifestyle.
We hope you got insight from reading it, now let’s go back to thai prawns/shrimp red curry recipe. To make thai prawns/shrimp red curry you only need 20 ingredients and 13 steps. Here is how you cook that.
The ingredients needed to cook Thai Prawns/Shrimp Red Curry:
- Take 250 grams of prawns or shrimp.
- Take 1 cup of water / coconut water.
- You need 1 cup of thick coconut milk.
- Take 2 of medium onions fine paste.
- Prepare 1 of small onion small onion cut in four pieces and get petals.
- Take 1 tbsp of Ginger Garlic Paste.
- Take 1/2 tbsp of crushed peanuts.
- Prepare 2-3 of bird eye red chillies slit diagonally.
- Provide for of Thai Red Curry Paste or Massaman curry paste.
- You need 10-15 of Lemon grass stems.
- Provide 10-15 of dried red Kashmiri chillies soaked in warm water.
- Use 50 grams of thick Galangal.
- Prepare 4 inch of ginger.
- Provide 10-15 of garlic cloves.
- Provide 1 tbsp of fish sauce.
- Get 4 of shallots.
- You need 1 tsp of cardamom seeds.
- Provide as taste of Salt.
- Use 1 tsp of groundnut oil.
- Use 1 tsp of Palm sugar (optional).
Instructions to make Thai Prawns/Shrimp Red Curry:
- The first step is to make curry paste which can preserved and refrigerated, I am not adding time of making this amazing aromatic and flavourful paste. Fry shallots pieces in oil for two minutes, and garlic, galangal, ginger, salt, cardamoms seeds, fry for 5 minutes, add soaked chillies and fish sauces. Cook it for 1 minutes and then make a fine paste. This paste can be used to make red curry 3 times..
- Wash prawns, devein and clean. Add pinch of salt and 1/2 lemon juice. Keep aside for a while..
- Make fine paste of 2 middle size onions, 1 tbsp ginger garlic paste, bird eye chilli, 1/2 lemon, 1/2 cup of red curry paste.
- In a wok or Kadhai, add 3 spoons of cooking oil (use olive, coconut or ground nut) fry chopped garlic and then fry onion paste, add ginger garlic paste, fry for 6-7 minutes.
- Now add red curry paste (if paste is thick or dry use some water to make it paste like) fry for 5 minutes till you can see oil starts to separate.
- Now add onion shallots or onion petals, two whole Kashmiri chillis (optional to make It more spicy) sauté for a minute and then add Prawns.
- You can crushed peanuts now over prawns.
- Add coconut water or normal water as per availability, of course coconut water will give you best results..
- Then add chopped bird eye chillies, and then cook for 2 monies so that prawns are well cooked, don’t over cook them..
- Once water is 20% reduced and you can see prawns.. turn off the flame and add coconut milk and mix it well, add salt to taste..
- Add 1/2 lemon juice in curry.
- Serve with hot sticky rice or over cooked basmati rice. You can also use Thai Jasmin rice..
If you find this Thai Prawns/Shrimp Red Curry recipe valuable please share it to your close friends or family, thank you and good luck.