Hey everyone, welcome to my recipe page, If you’re looking for recipes idea to cook today, look no further! We provide you only the best Jamacian Style Curry Chicken recipe here. We also have wide variety of recipes to try.
Before you jump to Jamacian Style Curry Chicken recipe, you may want to read this short interesting healthy tips about Healthy Eating Doesn’t Need To Be A Chore.
Opting to eat healthily offers great benefits and is becoming a more popular way of living. Poor diet is one factor in diseases such as heart disease and hypertension which can put a drain on the economy. There are more and more efforts to try to get people to follow a healthier way of living and nonetheless it is also easier than ever to rely on fast, convenient food that is often bad for our health. In all probability, most people believe that it takes a great deal of work to eat healthily and that they will have to drastically alter their lifestyle. In reality, though, simply making some minor changes can positively impact day-to-day eating habits.
To see results, it is definitely not a necessity to drastically change your eating habits. If you desire to commit to a wholesale change, that is okay but the main thing at first is to try to see to it that you are making more healthy eating choices. In time, you will likely find that you will eat more and more healthy food as your taste buds get accustomed to the change. Gradually, your eating habits will change and your new eating habits will entirely replace the way you ate before.
Thus, it should be quite obvious that it’s not at all hard to add healthy eating to your life.
We hope you got insight from reading it, now let’s go back to jamacian style curry chicken recipe. To make jamacian style curry chicken you need 18 ingredients and 4 steps. Here is how you do that.
The ingredients needed to prepare Jamacian Style Curry Chicken:
- Prepare 1 package of boneless, skinless chicken breasts or 1 pckg thighs.
- Get 2-4 tbs of curry powder.
- Use 1 tbs of ground all spice.
- Take 1/2 tsp of black pepper.
- You need of Salt for water.
- Use to taste of Thyme.
- Take of Olive oil.
- Provide 1 tbs of white vinegar.
- Take 1 of red tomato.
- Use 1 of onion (red or yellow).
- Use 2 of carrots.
- Get 1 of red pepper.
- Use 1 of green pepper.
- Take 1 of green onion/scallion.
- Prepare 2 tbs of minced garlic.
- Prepare 4-6 of white potatoes.
- Prepare 2 of scotch bonnet peppers (optional).
- Use 2 tbs of sofrito (optional..I used bc I didn't have scotch bonnet).
Steps to make Jamacian Style Curry Chicken:
- Rinse chicken with water. Cut into bite size pieces. Place in salt water..
- Pat dry. Chop onion, peppers, tomato & scallon. Add 2tbs curry powder, all spice, black pepper to chicken. Add vegetables & minced garlic. (Add sofrito if desired) Marinate overnight in the fridge..
- Over medium heat add olive oil & 2 tbs curry powder. Add seasoned chicken mixture to pan, let brown 10 minutes. Chop potatoes & put in water so they don't turn. Chop carrots..
- After 10 minutes, add potatoes, carrits & thyme. (Fresh is better, but my store didn't have any). Add vinegar. (Your choice to add water, I added half of the potato water to get a little sauce for rice). Allow to simmer on medium-low to low for 45 minutes with the lid on. Serve over white rice. Add a sprinkle of salt if desired..
If you find this Jamacian Style Curry Chicken recipe helpful please share it to your close friends or family, thank you and good luck.