Hey everyone, welcome to our recipe page, looking for the perfect Butter Chickpea Curry recipe? look no further! We provide you only the best Butter Chickpea Curry recipe here. We also have wide variety of recipes to try.
Before you jump to Butter Chickpea Curry recipe, you may want to read this short interesting healthy tips about Healthy Eating Doesn’t Need To Be Difficult.
Choosing to eat healthily offers marvelous benefits and is becoming a more popular way of life. There are many health conditions related to a poor diet and there is a cost to the overall economy as individuals suffer from conditions such as heart disease and high blood pressure. Wherever you look, people are encouraging you to live a more healthy lifestyle but then again, you are also being encouraged to rely on fast foods that can affect your health in a terrible way. Most people typically believe that healthy diets require a great deal of work and will significantly change the way they live and eat. Contrary to that information, individuals can modify their eating habits for the better by implementing a few small changes.
One way to deal with this to start seeing some results is to realize that you do not have to alter everything straightaway or that you have to completely eliminate certain foods from your diet. Even more crucial than entirely altering your diet is just substituting healthy eating choices whenever possible. Soon enough, you will discover that you actually prefer to eat healthy foods after you have eaten that way for some time. As you stick to your habit of eating healthier foods, you will find that you will not want to eat the old diet.
Thus, it should be quite obvious that it’s not at all difficult to add healthy eating to your life.
We hope you got benefit from reading it, now let’s go back to butter chickpea curry recipe. To make butter chickpea curry you only need 17 ingredients and 7 steps. Here is how you cook it.
The ingredients needed to prepare Butter Chickpea Curry:
- Provide 4 tablespoons of butter, divided.
- Take 1 of large onion, finely chopped.
- Prepare 3 cloves of garlic, minced or presses.
- You need 1 tablespoon of freshly grated ginger.
- Provide 2 tablespoons of garam masala powder (a little less if you use the paste).
- Get 2 teaspoons of mild curry powder.
- Provide 1 teaspoon of turmeric.
- Take 1 teaspoon of cayenne pepper (adjust to taste).
- Get 1/4 teaspoon of ground cumin.
- Use 1/4 teaspoon of salt.
- Use 170 g of tomato paste.
- Provide 1 can (400 g) of diced tomatoes.
- Take 1 can (400 g) of full fat coconut milk.
- Prepare 3 cans (440 g) of chickpeas, drained and rinsed.
- Use 1 tablespoon of cornstarch.
- Use 4 tablespoons of heavy cream.
- Take of Chopped cilantro or parsley as garnish.
Instructions to make Butter Chickpea Curry:
- Melt 2 tablespoons of butter in a large saucepan over medium-high heat. Add onions, a pinch of salt and sauté for about 5 minutes, until translucent, stirring once in a while..
- Add garlic and sauté for 1 minute, until fragrant. Add ginger and all the spices and sauté for 30 seconds, until fragrant. Add tomato paste and give a good stir..
- Add the can of diced tomatoes, fill the can 3/4 full with water and add to the pan..
- Bring to a low simmer, cover and cook for 10 minutes, stirring every now and then. Remove from the heat, add coconut milk. Transfer to a pot and purée with an immersion blender until smooth and creamy..
- Return the pot to heat, add chickpeas and give a good stir. Cover and gently simmer for about 20-25 minutes, stirring every now and then..
- In a small bowl whisk cornstarch and (cold) heavy cream. (If the cornstarch doesn’t dissolve well, add a tiny bit of cold water). Add the slurry and the remaining 2 tablespoons of butter and simmer for further 5 minutes stirring carefully, until the sauce starts to thicken..
- Take a taste and adjust seasoning as needed. Sprinkle with chopped fresh cilantro or parsley and serve with rice and/or boiled potatoes..
If you find this Butter Chickpea Curry recipe valuable please share it to your good friends or family, thank you and good luck.