Hello everybody, welcome to our recipe site, If you’re looking for new recipes to try this weekend, look no further! We provide you only the perfect Spicy Indian Lentil Curry with Midnight Rice recipe here. We also have wide variety of recipes to try.
Before you jump to Spicy Indian Lentil Curry with Midnight Rice recipe, you may want to read this short interesting healthy tips about Treats that provide You Energy.
We all know that having healthy snacks can help us truly feel better inside our bodies. Whenever we eat more healthy meals and a lesser amount of of the unhealthy ones we usually feel much better. Eating fresh vegetables helps you feel a lot better than eating a piece of pizza. Deciding on healthier food choices can be difficult if it is snack time. Finding goodies that help us feel better and enhance our energy levels often involves lots of shopping and painstaking reading of labels. Why not try some of the following wholesome snacks the next time you need some extra energy?
While searching for a convenient wholesome snack, don’t forget about yogurt. Eating natural yogurt in place of a nutritious larger lunch isn’t a good idea. Low fat yogurt helps make a fantastic snack, nevertheless. It is a protein-rich source of wholesome vitamins and minerals. Easily digestible, yogurt can even help your gastrointestinal system work properly depending upon the culture used to create it. Fast hint: select unsweetened yogurt and add in walnuts or flaxseeds. It’s an excellent method to take pleasure in a flavorful snack without too much sugar.
You can find lots of healthy snack foods you can choose that never involve a lot of preparation or searching. Deciding to live a healthy lifestyle can be as uncomplicated as you want it to be.
We hope you got insight from reading it, now let’s go back to spicy indian lentil curry with midnight rice recipe. You can have spicy indian lentil curry with midnight rice using 12 ingredients and 8 steps. Here is how you do that.
The ingredients needed to prepare Spicy Indian Lentil Curry with Midnight Rice:
- Get 2 Tbsps of coconut oil (30 ml).
- Take 3 cloves of garlic , minced (1 1/2 Tbsp or 9 g).
- Get 1 tsp of ginger minced.
- Provide 1/2 of onion diced.
- Take 3 Tbsps of (60 g) red curry paste (ensure vegan friendly).
- Prepare 1 6 – ounces (170 g) cans of tomatoes diced.
- You need 1 cup of water (240 ml).
- Use 1 of bouillon tbl.
- Get 2/3 cup of lentils water (128 g) dry , thoroughly rinsed in cold + drained.
- You need 1 – 2 Tbsps of sugar (12-24 g).
- Use 1/2 tsp of turmeric ground , plus more to taste.
- You need 1/2 cup of coconut milk (80 ml) light.
Instructions to make Spicy Indian Lentil Curry with Midnight Rice:
- Rinse lentils in a fine mesh strainer and set aside. ** make sure there aren't any little rocks in your lentils!.
- Heat a large pot over medium heat. Once hot, add coconut oil, garlic, onion and ginger. Sauté for 2 minutes, stirring often..
- Add curry paste and sauté for 2 minutes, stirring frequently..
- Add tomatoes, water and bouillon, and stir to combine. Then add lentils, sugar, turmeric, and stir..
- Bring to a simmer over medium heat, then reduce heat slightly to low (or medium-low), and gently simmer for 20 minutes, or until lentils are tender. Stir frequently, and add more water as needed if the mixture becomes too thick..
- Stir in coconut milk for additional creaminess, and to balance the heat of the curry..
- Taste and adjust seasonings as needed, adding more turmeric for depth of flavor, sugar for sweetness/flavor balance, or a pinch of salt for saltiness..
- Enjoy with Midnight rice, brown rice, or naan!.
If you find this Spicy Indian Lentil Curry with Midnight Rice recipe valuable please share it to your friends or family, thank you and good luck.