Hello everybody, welcome to my recipe page, if you’re looking for Squash & chickpea curry recipe, look no further! We provide you only the perfect Squash & chickpea curry recipe here. We also have wide variety of recipes to try.
Before you jump to Squash & chickpea curry recipe, you may want to read this short interesting healthy tips about Healthy Eating Doesn’t Need To Be Difficult.
The benefits of healthy eating are these days being given more attention than ever before and there are a number of reasons for doing this. The overall economy is affected by the number of men and women who are dealing with health problems such as high blood pressure, which is directly linked to poor eating habits. Everywhere you look, people are encouraging you to live a healthier way of living but then again, you are also being encouraged to rely on convenience foods that can affect your health in a damaging way. A lot of people typically think that healthy diets demand much work and will significantly change the way they live and eat. It is possible, though, to make some small changes that can start to make a good impact on our daily eating habits.
These more nutritious food options can be applied to other foods such as your cooking oils. Olive oil contains monounsaturated fat which can help to lower bad cholesterol. It can likewise be beneficial for your skin as it is a great source of vitamin E. It might be that you already think that you eat fruit and vegetables but it can be worthwhile considering how fresh these are depending on where you buy these. If at all possible, try to buy organic produce that has not been sprayed with deadly pesticides. Finding a local supplier of fresh fruits and veggies will give you the option of eating foods that still have almost all of the nutrients which are oftentimes lost when produce has been kept in storage before selling it.
To sum up, it is not hard to begin to make healthy eating a regular part of your daily lifestyle.
We hope you got insight from reading it, now let’s go back to squash & chickpea curry recipe. To make squash & chickpea curry you only need 9 ingredients and 2 steps. Here is how you do it.
The ingredients needed to prepare Squash & chickpea curry:
- You need 1 of onion, chopped.
- Provide 1-2 cloves of garlic, crushed.
- Prepare 1 of small Butternut Squash, peeled, deseeded & cut into cubes.
- Use 1 tin of chopped tomatoes.
- You need 1 tin of chickpeas, drained & rinsed.
- Provide 400 ml of vegetable stock.
- Provide 4 blocks of frozen spinach.
- You need 1-2 tsp of curry powder (depending on how hot it is/how you like it!).
- You need of salt & pepper.
Steps to make Squash & chickpea curry:
- Place a large frying pan (or saucepan or wok) over a medium heat with 2 tbsp oil. Cook the onion for 2 minutes then add the garlic & cook for another minute before adding the squash. Stir in the curry powder after 5 minutes. Pour in the stock & tomatoes, stir well then season with salt & pepper & simmer for a few minutes then add the spinach allowing it to melt a little before stirring..
- Add the chickpeas leave to simmer again, stirring occasionally, for about 20 minutes or until the squash is tender. Serve with rice or naan bread..
If you find this Squash & chickpea curry recipe useful please share it to your close friends or family, thank you and good luck.