Hello everybody, welcome to my recipe page, If you’re looking for recipes idea to cook today, look no further! We provide you only the perfect West Indies Green Curry Chicken recipe here. We also have wide variety of recipes to try.
Before you jump to West Indies Green Curry Chicken recipe, you may want to read this short interesting healthy tips about Healthy Eating Doesn’t Have To Be A Chore.
The benefits of healthy eating are these days being given more attention than ever before and there are good reasons for this. There are many diseases linked with a poor diet and there is a cost to the overall economy as individuals suffer from diseases such as heart disease and hypertension. Although we’re always being counseled to stick with healthy eating habits, it is also easier than ever to depend on fast food and other convenience items that are not healthy for us. In all probability, a lot of people think that it takes too much work to eat healthily and that they will need to drastically alter their way of life. It is possible, however, to make some simple changes that can start to make a difference to our daily eating habits.
These sorts of changes can be done with all kinds of foods and can apply to the oils you cook in and the spread you put on bread. For instance, monounsaturated fat such as olive oil can help counter the bad cholesterol in your diet. Olive oil is also a great source of Vitamin E which has numerous benefits and is also terrific for your skin. While you may already eat a great deal of fruits and leafy greens, you may want to consider how fresh they are. Organic foods are a great option and will reduce any possible exposure to harmful chemical substances. If you can find a good local supplier of fresh fruit and veggies, you can also ingest foods that have not lost their nutrients due to storage or not being harvested at the right time.
As you can see, it’s not difficult to begin integrating healthy eating into your daily lifestyle.
We hope you got insight from reading it, now let’s go back to west indies green curry chicken recipe. You can cook west indies green curry chicken using 10 ingredients and 4 steps. Here is how you cook it.
The ingredients needed to cook West Indies Green Curry Chicken:
- Prepare 2 of large chicken breasts (cut in 2 inch strips).
- Use 3/4 cup of coconut milk.
- Prepare 4 clove of garlic (chopped in 5 pieces per clove).
- Prepare 1/2 cup of rum (preferably dark).
- Use 1 of large white onion (chopped in large chunks).
- Get 3 of stalks lemon grass (peeled and minced).
- Provide 1 of stalk green onion (finely chopped).
- Get 1 1/2 tbsp of green curry paste.
- You need 2 of jalapeños or Asian chillis (seeded and minced).
- Get 1 of cilantro or Thai basil for garnish.
Instructions to make West Indies Green Curry Chicken:
- In a large ziplock bag or a covered bowl combine the 2 chicken breasts (already sliced) with the diced onion, garlic, lemongrass, jalapeños or chillis and rum. Refrigerate and marinate for at least 2hrs preferably overnight..
- In a wok or deep pan heat 2 tablespoons of vegetable oil and add the green onion followed by the contents of the ziplock bag (only add about half of the liquid). As the onion, garlic, lemongrass, chilis and Chicken cook, slowly add the rest of the liquid and slowly add the coconut milk (after about 5-7 min).
- Once the coconut milk starts to bubble reduce heat and add green curry paste. Make sure to stir and mix evenly..
- Once the color of the coconut milk has changed to a slight green remove from heat. Serve on white or jasmine rice and garnish with a stalk of lemongrass and some cilantro or Thai Basil over the rice..
If you find this West Indies Green Curry Chicken recipe useful please share it to your friends or family, thank you and good luck.