Hello everybody, welcome to my recipe page, If you’re looking for new recipes to try this weekend, look no further! We provide you only the best South Indian Thali – Dosa, Idli, Appam, Uttpam, Sambhar, Chutney recipe here. We also have wide variety of recipes to try.
Before you jump to South Indian Thali – Dosa, Idli, Appam, Uttpam, Sambhar, Chutney recipe, you may want to read this short interesting healthy tips about Healthy Eating Doesn’t Need To Be Difficult.
The benefits of healthy eating are these days being given more publicity than ever before and there are many reasons for doing this. The overall economy is affected by the number of men and women who are dealing with health conditions such as high blood pressure, which is directly associated with poor eating habits. There are more and more efforts to try to get people to follow a more healthy way of living and nonetheless it is also easier than ever to rely on fast, convenient food that is not good for our health. A lot of people typically believe that healthy diets require a great deal of work and will significantly change the way they live and eat. Contrary to that information, people can change their eating habits for the better by implementing several simple changes.
One way to approach this to start seeing some results is to understand that you do not need to change everything right away or that you should entirely do away with certain foods from your diet. It’s not a bad idea if you desire to make considerable changes, but the most vital thing is to gradually switch to making healthier eating selections. Soon enough, you will find that you actually prefer to eat healthy foods after you have eaten that way for a while. Over time, your eating habits will change and your new eating habits will entirely replace the way you ate previously.
Obviously, it’s easy to begin integrating healthy eating into your daily routine.
We hope you got insight from reading it, now let’s go back to south indian thali – dosa, idli, appam, uttpam, sambhar, chutney recipe. You can have south indian thali – dosa, idli, appam, uttpam, sambhar, chutney using 69 ingredients and 12 steps. Here is how you cook that.
The ingredients needed to make South Indian Thali – Dosa, Idli, Appam, Uttpam, Sambhar, Chutney:
- Use of Dosa, Uttpam, Idli Batter.
- Use 1 Cup of Urad Split Dal.
- Use 3 Cups of Rice.
- Take 2 tbsp of chana dal.
- You need 1 tbsp of methi dana/ Fenugreek seeds.
- Use to taste of Salt.
- Prepare of Appam.
- Provide 1-2 cup of Dosa Batter.
- Take 1 cup of chana dal.
- Prepare to taste of Salt.
- Use 1 inch of ginger.
- Use of Coconut Chutney.
- Use 1/2 cup of coconut.
- You need 1/2 cup of curd.
- Prepare 1-2 tbs of chana dal soaked.
- Provide to taste of salt.
- Take 2-3 of green chillies.
- Use 1-2 of whole red chillies.
- Provide 1-2 tbsp of mustard seeds.
- You need pinch of hing.
- Provide 4-5 of curry leaves.
- You need As needed of oil for tadka and saute.
- Provide of Red Tomato Chutney.
- You need As needed of coconut chutney.
- Provide 2 of tomatoes.
- Prepare 2-3 of whole red chiilies.
- Take to taste of salt.
- You need of Mint Coriander Chutney.
- Provide 50-100 gms of coriander leaves.
- Take 50 gms of pudina.
- Take pinch of hing.
- Get to taste of salt.
- Take of roasted jeera powder.
- Use 3-4 of garlic cloves.
- Take 1 inch of ginger.
- Prepare 1-2 tsp of chaat masala/ jaljeera masala.
- Take 1 of raw mango.
- Get 1-2 of ice cubes.
- Use 2-3 of green chiilies.
- Use of Sambhar.
- Prepare 1/2 cup of Arhar Dal/ Toor Dal.
- Prepare to taste of salt.
- You need 2 tsp of haldi.
- Get 1/2 tsp of hing.
- Prepare 1-2 tsp of Mustard Seeds.
- Prepare 4-5 of curry leaves.
- Take 2-3 of whole red chillies.
- Provide 2 of onions.
- Provide 3 of tomatoes.
- You need 1-2 of brinjal small.
- Use 1 of carrot.
- You need 4-5 of french beans.
- Use 1 of capsicum.
- Take 2 tsp of red chilli powder.
- Take 2 tsp of sambhar masala.
- Use 1-2 tsp of dhaniya powder.
- Get 1/2 tsp of garam masala.
- Get 1 tsp of Fenugreek seeds.
- Use 1 of Raw Mango(optional).
- Use of few Imli(optional).
- Prepare 1-2 of Lemon (optional).
- Prepare 1 inch of ginger.
- Get 4-5 of garlic cloves.
- Use 1-2 of green chillies.
- Provide of Veggies For Uttpam.
- You need 1 of chopped onion.
- Get 1 of chopped carrot.
- You need 1 of chopped capsicum.
- You need 1 of chopped tomato.
Instructions to make South Indian Thali – Dosa, Idli, Appam, Uttpam, Sambhar, Chutney:
- Soak urad dal, rice, chana dal, methi dana overnight with quantity mentioned above. Next day blend all the things together. Add some water to give it a thick and runny texture. Keep the batter covered for around 5-6 hours. Donot add salt until now..
- Once batter is rested and is fermented,beat the batter gently and add some salt and pinch of eno to the batter. Now take the non stick tava/ dosa tava. Heat it and sprinkle some water on it. Rub the tava with napkin or kitchen cloth.now take the batter in the karchi and pour it on the tava. now spread the batter in round motion very gently till it covers the complete tava. Sprinkle some oil.Repeat the process for another dosa..
- Uttpam – Take the same dosa batter and pour a some batter on tawa with ladle. Donot spread the batter like dosa. Add some chopped veggies mentioned above. Sprinkle some black.peper powder, salt. Sprinkle some oil..Cook on low heat for 3-4 mins. Now flip it to another side and cook it for 1 min. Now Uttpam is ready..
- Appam – Soak chana dal over night. Blend it with some water. batter should be medium thick. Keep it aside for 5-6 hours. once fermented, add 1-2 cup of fermented dosa batter. mix it well.add some salt. add grated ginger. mix well. now take appam/ appe/ paniyarram pan and put it on very low heat. brush some oil. Add the batter in the pan one by one. close the lead. let it cook on low heat for 4-5 mins. Now turn all the appams on other side. Let it cook for 2-3 mins. Appam are ready..
- Idli – Take the fermented dosa batter and add it in the idli utensil. Cook it for 6 mins in microwave or for 10-12 mins in cooker..
- Sambhar – Boil Arhar dal with some salt, haldi and pinch of hing. Here I have not used imli, so I have put some pieces of raw mango along with dal while boiling it. Raw mango will add very tangy flavour to thr sambhar. let it cook for 10-15 min on low heat. Now with help of madani, mix the dal and make.sure that dal is dissolved completely. add some more.water for medium thin consitancy.
- Tadka for Sambhar – Add 2-3 tbsp mustard oil. Add fenugreek seeds, mustard seeds, 2 whole red chillies, curry leaves, 1-2 green chillies chopped, chopped ginger garlic. Let it cook for 30 secs. Add 2 sliced onions and cook it for 30sec to 1 min. Add chopped tomatoes. Cook it for 1-2 minutes. Add red chilli powder, salt to taste, dhaniya powder, garam masala,haldi, sambhar masala. mix it well. Now add cut brinjal pieces, cut french beans, cut carrot. mix it well and cook it for 2 min..
- Add cut capsicum and cook it for 1-2 minutes. add the dal and some water to adjust the consistency. Cover it will lead and bring it to boil. As i have already added raw mango in dal, so i have not used imli. if you are not adding raw mango, u can soak some imli in water and add the paste in sambhar. You can also use lemon juice if u wish to skip raw mango and imli. Boil it for 5-10 mins. Sambhar is ready..
- Coconut Chutney – Take 1/2 cup coconut pieces, 1/2 curd, 2-3 green chillies, salt to taste, some roasted chana dal. Blend it together to make a paste. Tadka – Take 1-2 tsp oil. heat it. add pinch of hing, mustard seeds, curry leaves, 2 red whole chillies. turn off the heat when mustard seeds starts to.pop. Add the tadka in the chutney. Coconut chutney is ready.
- Red Tomato Coconut Chutney – Take 2 tomatoes and saute it on pan. Take some coconut chutney on blender, add saute tomatoes, 2-3 whole red chillies, 1 tsp degi red chilli powder, some curd. blend it. Red Tomato Chutney is ready..
- Mint Coriander Chutney – Take all the ingredients together and blend it. chutney is ready..
- Now Prepare the platter with dosa, uttpam, chutneys, sambhar, idlis, appam. Bon Appetite!!.
If you find this South Indian Thali – Dosa, Idli, Appam, Uttpam, Sambhar, Chutney recipe useful please share it to your friends or family, thank you and good luck.