Hey everyone, welcome to our recipe site, looking for the perfect Murighonto (Fish head curry with lentil) recipe? look no further! We provide you only the perfect Murighonto (Fish head curry with lentil) recipe here. We also have wide variety of recipes to try.
Before you jump to Murighonto (Fish head curry with lentil) recipe, you may want to read this short interesting healthy tips about Snacks that provide You Power.
We all know that consuming healthy snacks can help us truly feel better within our bodies. We are likely to feel way less gross whenever we increase our consumption of wholesome foods and lower our consumption of unhealthy foods. A piece of pizza does not make you feel as healthy as eating a fresh green salad. Selecting healthier food choices can be challenging when it is snack time. Shopping for snack foods can be a difficult task because you have so many options. There’s nothing like one of these simple healthy foods if you want an energy-boosting snack.
Certain foods made from whole grains are great for a quick snack. A mid-morning snack of whole grain bread together with some protein will keep you until it’s time for lunch break. Eating on the run can be much healthier with whole grain chips and crackers. Selecting whole grain food items is always much better than eating the processed grains we commonly find in our grocery stores.
A large assortment of quick health snacks is easily available. When you make the decision to be healthy, it’s easy to find just what you need to be successful at it.
We hope you got benefit from reading it, now let’s go back to murighonto (fish head curry with lentil) recipe. To make murighonto (fish head curry with lentil) you need 13 ingredients and 19 steps. Here is how you do it.
The ingredients needed to prepare Murighonto (Fish head curry with lentil):
- Use 1 cup of yellow Moong Dal.
- Get 1 of Rahu fish head(I use head of a 3kg size Rahu fish).
- Prepare 2 of big Onion chopped.
- Get 1 tablespoon of Ginger-Garlic paste.
- You need 1 tablespoon of ready-made tomato puree or puree of 2 fresh tomatoe.
- Use 1 teaspoon of Panchfuran (a bengali whole spice mix).
- Provide 1 of Bay leaf.
- Use 1 teaspoon of Turmeric powder.
- You need 2 teaspoon of Kashmiri red chilli powder.
- Use 2 teaspoon of Coriander-Cumin powder(2 tsp coriander+1tsp cumin).
- Prepare 2 of Whole dry Red chilli.
- Take 2 of Green chilli.
- You need 3-4 tablespoon of Mustard oil.
Steps to make Murighonto (Fish head curry with lentil):
- Dry roast moong daal into a pan until light golden brown..
- Let the daal cool and soak in water for an hour..
- Clean and cut the fish head in small pieces as possible..
- Add 1/2 teaspoon turmeric powder and 1/2 teaspoon salt and rub to the pieces..
- Heat 1and 1/2 tablespoon of mustard oil in a pan and add the fish head pieces..
- Fry them in medium heat until light golden brown. Keep aside..
- Pressure cook soaked daal with salt and 2 cups of water until just soft..
- Heat 2 tablespoon of mustard oil in a saucepan and temper bay leaf, red chilli and paachfuran..
- After few seconds add chopped onion and saute until onions become translucent..
- Add ginger-garlic paste and saute till raw smell of ginger garlic goes off..
- Now add tomato puree, turmeric powder, chilli powder and coriander-cumin powder..
- Saute in medium heat and add 1/2 cup of water.Let the spices cook well in medium heat for few minutes..
- When spices and tomatoes cooks well and oil starts separating from gravy add in the fried fish head..
- Stir to coat spices to fish head,add salt and couple of tablespoon of water, cover and cook in low heat for 10 minutes..
- After 10 minutes remove the cover, fry in spices again for 3-4 minutes. This frying will enhance the flavour of murighonto..
- Next add in cooked daal and mix well with a spatula..
- Add sufficient hot water to make the curry thin, check seasoning and add if necessary..
- Cook in medium heat until murighonto starts boiling and then add some slitted green chillies..
- Further cook in medium low heat for 10 minutes or until gravy comes to your desired consistency. I like the gravy little thin, you can make them thick as well..
If you find this Murighonto (Fish head curry with lentil) recipe valuable please share it to your good friends or family, thank you and good luck.