Hello everybody, welcome to my recipe page, If you’re looking for new recipes to try this weekend, look no further! We provide you only the perfect Thai Style Red Chicken Curry recipe here. We also have wide variety of recipes to try.
Before you jump to Thai Style Red Chicken Curry recipe, you may want to read this short interesting healthy tips about Snacks that provide You Vitality.
Healthy and balanced eating encourages a feeling of health and wellbeing. We have a tendency to feel way less gross whenever we increase our intake of wholesome foods and lower our consumption of processed foods. Eating more fresh vegetables helps you feel better than eating a portion of pizza. Deciding on healthier food choices can be difficult when it is snack time. You can spend several hours at the food market searching for the perfect snack foods to allow you to feel healthy. Why not try one of many following healthy snacks the next time you need some extra energy?
Whole grain snacks are an superb choice for a fast healthy snack. Starting your working day with a piece of whole grain toasted bread can give you that additional boost you need to get going. When you need a fast treat on your way out the door, do not forget to look for whole grain chips, pretzels, and crackers. Selecting whole grain snacks is always far better than eating the processed grains we commonly find in our grocery stores.
You can find lots of healthy snacks you can choose that never involve a lot of preparation or searching. Determining to live a healthy way of life can be as simple as you want it to be.
We hope you got benefit from reading it, now let’s go back to thai style red chicken curry recipe. You can cook thai style red chicken curry using 26 ingredients and 19 steps. Here is how you cook that.
The ingredients needed to prepare Thai Style Red Chicken Curry:
- Prepare 500 gms of Chicken pieces (I use some boneless and some bone in).
- Use 1 of big Potato.
- Provide 1 of big Carrot.
- Get 2 of chopped Onion.
- You need 4-5 of chopped Garlic.
- Use 1 inch of chopped Galangal/Ginger.
- Take 1-2 of chopped fresh red Chilli.
- Prepare 1/2 teaspoon of Turmeric powder.
- Use 1/2 teaspoon of Cumin powder.
- You need 1 teaspoon of Curry powder/Coriander powder.
- Provide 400 ml of Coconut milk (I used can).
- Provide 3 tablespoons of Cooking oil.
- Prepare to taste of Salt.
- Take 2 tablespoons of red Curry paste.
- Use As required of Spring onion, Mint leaves to garnish.
- Take for of Red curry paste–.
- Use 1 tablespoon of Ginger-Garlic paste.
- Provide 2 sticks of Lemon grass(if not available add 1 lemon leave).
- Prepare 5-6 of dry red Chillies (soaked for an hour with hot water).
- Prepare 5-6 of stock of Coriander stem (optional, I didn't use).
- Use 1 of Zest of Lemon.
- Provide 1 tablespoon of Lemon juice.
- Provide 1 teaspoon of Salt.
- Provide 1 teaspoon of Sugar.
- Provide 1/2 teaspoon of Cumin powder.
- Take 1/2 teaspoon of Curry powder/Coriander powder.
Steps to make Thai Style Red Chicken Curry:
- Soak 5-6 red chilli in hot water for an hour..
- Chop lemon grass in small pieces. If you don't get them use chopped fresh lemon leave..
- To make curry paste take a grinder jar and add in soaked red chillies, ginger-garlic paste, lemon grass,lemon zest, cumin powder, curry powder/coriander powder, sugar, salt and lemon juice..
- Grind to a smooth paste with little water. Keep aside. If you like you can also add some chopped coriander stem during grinding. I personally don't like it's taste and hence didn't add..
- Take 500 g chicken. I used both bone in and some boneless. You can use only boneless pieces if you like. Chicken with bone gives more flavour to the dish..
- I also used some veggies like potato and carrot. You can skip using them or you can use other veggies also you like. I used carrot as it's sweetness help to balance the pungency of the curry..
- Heat a saucepan with 3 tablespoons of cooking oil. Saute chopped ginger-garlic and red chilli for 15-20 seconds..
- Add in chopped onion and cook until they become soft..
- Now add in prepared red curry paste and stir well to fry for 2 minutes. Your kitchen will fill with aroma of lemon grass..
- Add in 2 tablespoons of water to prevent the spices from burning..
- Add in chicken pieces, stir well to mix..
- Also add in the potato and carrot pieces, cumin powder, curry powder, turmeric powder and salt..
- Stir well so that everything incorporates nicely and then add in 2 cups of hot water..
- Cover and cook in medium heat for 30 minutes or until chicken and veggies cook completely..
- Open unshaken can of coconut milk. Spoon out 1 tablespoon of thick coconut cream from the top to garnish.Keep aside..
- When chicken and veggies cook completely, add in the coconut milk to the curry. Keep flame in low heat so that milk doesn't curdle in hot curry..
- Cook the curry in medium heat for further 5 minutes to come to a boil. Adjust seasoning. The taste should be pungent with slight sweetness. Remove from heat..
- Transfer to serving bowl, garnish with coconut cream, spring onion and mint leaves..
- Serve with some thai jesmine rice..
If you find this Thai Style Red Chicken Curry recipe helpful please share it to your close friends or family, thank you and good luck.