Hey everyone, welcome to our recipe page, If you’re looking for recipes idea to cook today, look no further! We provide you only the best South Indian Thali – Dosa, Idli, Appam, Uttpam, Sambhar, Chutney recipe here. We also have wide variety of recipes to try.
Before you jump to South Indian Thali – Dosa, Idli, Appam, Uttpam, Sambhar, Chutney recipe, you may want to read this short interesting healthy tips about Make Healthy Eating A Part of Your Day-To-Day Life.
Healthy eating is nowadays a good deal more popular than it used to be and rightfully so. The overall economy is impacted by the number of men and women who are dealing with conditions such as high blood pressure, which is directly associated with poor eating habits. No matter where you look, people are encouraging you to live a more healthy way of living but then again, you are also being encouraged to rely on convenience foods that can affect your health in a detrimental way. Most people typically believe that healthy diets require much work and will significantly alter the way they live and eat. It is possible, however, to make several simple changes that can start to make a difference to our everyday eating habits.
You can obtain results without needing to remove foods from your diet or make substantial changes immediately. It’s not a bad idea if you desire to make major changes, but the most crucial thing is to bit by bit switch to making healthier eating selections. In time, you will likely see that you will eat more and more healthy food as your taste buds get accustomed to the change. As you stick to your habit of eating healthier foods, you will see that you will not want to eat the old diet.
Obviously, it’s not difficult to begin integrating healthy eating into your life.
We hope you got insight from reading it, now let’s go back to south indian thali – dosa, idli, appam, uttpam, sambhar, chutney recipe. You can cook south indian thali – dosa, idli, appam, uttpam, sambhar, chutney using 69 ingredients and 12 steps. Here is how you do that.
The ingredients needed to cook South Indian Thali – Dosa, Idli, Appam, Uttpam, Sambhar, Chutney:
- Use of Dosa, Uttpam, Idli Batter.
- Take 1 Cup of Urad Split Dal.
- Provide 3 Cups of Rice.
- You need 2 tbsp of chana dal.
- You need 1 tbsp of methi dana/ Fenugreek seeds.
- Prepare to taste of Salt.
- You need of Appam.
- Get 1-2 cup of Dosa Batter.
- Prepare 1 cup of chana dal.
- Get to taste of Salt.
- Take 1 inch of ginger.
- You need of Coconut Chutney.
- Get 1/2 cup of coconut.
- Take 1/2 cup of curd.
- Prepare 1-2 tbs of chana dal soaked.
- You need to taste of salt.
- Use 2-3 of green chillies.
- Provide 1-2 of whole red chillies.
- Take 1-2 tbsp of mustard seeds.
- Prepare pinch of hing.
- Take 4-5 of curry leaves.
- You need As needed of oil for tadka and saute.
- You need of Red Tomato Chutney.
- Take As needed of coconut chutney.
- Use 2 of tomatoes.
- Use 2-3 of whole red chiilies.
- Get to taste of salt.
- Get of Mint Coriander Chutney.
- Take 50-100 gms of coriander leaves.
- Get 50 gms of pudina.
- You need pinch of hing.
- Prepare to taste of salt.
- You need of roasted jeera powder.
- Get 3-4 of garlic cloves.
- Provide 1 inch of ginger.
- Use 1-2 tsp of chaat masala/ jaljeera masala.
- Prepare 1 of raw mango.
- You need 1-2 of ice cubes.
- Prepare 2-3 of green chiilies.
- Use of Sambhar.
- Use 1/2 cup of Arhar Dal/ Toor Dal.
- Get to taste of salt.
- Get 2 tsp of haldi.
- Get 1/2 tsp of hing.
- You need 1-2 tsp of Mustard Seeds.
- Get 4-5 of curry leaves.
- Provide 2-3 of whole red chillies.
- You need 2 of onions.
- Prepare 3 of tomatoes.
- Use 1-2 of brinjal small.
- Prepare 1 of carrot.
- Get 4-5 of french beans.
- Prepare 1 of capsicum.
- You need 2 tsp of red chilli powder.
- Take 2 tsp of sambhar masala.
- Take 1-2 tsp of dhaniya powder.
- Take 1/2 tsp of garam masala.
- You need 1 tsp of Fenugreek seeds.
- Provide 1 of Raw Mango(optional).
- Get of few Imli(optional).
- You need 1-2 of Lemon (optional).
- Use 1 inch of ginger.
- Prepare 4-5 of garlic cloves.
- Provide 1-2 of green chillies.
- Provide of Veggies For Uttpam.
- Use 1 of chopped onion.
- Provide 1 of chopped carrot.
- Take 1 of chopped capsicum.
- Get 1 of chopped tomato.
Instructions to make South Indian Thali – Dosa, Idli, Appam, Uttpam, Sambhar, Chutney:
- Soak urad dal, rice, chana dal, methi dana overnight with quantity mentioned above. Next day blend all the things together. Add some water to give it a thick and runny texture. Keep the batter covered for around 5-6 hours. Donot add salt until now..
- Once batter is rested and is fermented,beat the batter gently and add some salt and pinch of eno to the batter. Now take the non stick tava/ dosa tava. Heat it and sprinkle some water on it. Rub the tava with napkin or kitchen cloth.now take the batter in the karchi and pour it on the tava. now spread the batter in round motion very gently till it covers the complete tava. Sprinkle some oil.Repeat the process for another dosa..
- Uttpam – Take the same dosa batter and pour a some batter on tawa with ladle. Donot spread the batter like dosa. Add some chopped veggies mentioned above. Sprinkle some black.peper powder, salt. Sprinkle some oil..Cook on low heat for 3-4 mins. Now flip it to another side and cook it for 1 min. Now Uttpam is ready..
- Appam – Soak chana dal over night. Blend it with some water. batter should be medium thick. Keep it aside for 5-6 hours. once fermented, add 1-2 cup of fermented dosa batter. mix it well.add some salt. add grated ginger. mix well. now take appam/ appe/ paniyarram pan and put it on very low heat. brush some oil. Add the batter in the pan one by one. close the lead. let it cook on low heat for 4-5 mins. Now turn all the appams on other side. Let it cook for 2-3 mins. Appam are ready..
- Idli – Take the fermented dosa batter and add it in the idli utensil. Cook it for 6 mins in microwave or for 10-12 mins in cooker..
- Sambhar – Boil Arhar dal with some salt, haldi and pinch of hing. Here I have not used imli, so I have put some pieces of raw mango along with dal while boiling it. Raw mango will add very tangy flavour to thr sambhar. let it cook for 10-15 min on low heat. Now with help of madani, mix the dal and make.sure that dal is dissolved completely. add some more.water for medium thin consitancy.
- Tadka for Sambhar – Add 2-3 tbsp mustard oil. Add fenugreek seeds, mustard seeds, 2 whole red chillies, curry leaves, 1-2 green chillies chopped, chopped ginger garlic. Let it cook for 30 secs. Add 2 sliced onions and cook it for 30sec to 1 min. Add chopped tomatoes. Cook it for 1-2 minutes. Add red chilli powder, salt to taste, dhaniya powder, garam masala,haldi, sambhar masala. mix it well. Now add cut brinjal pieces, cut french beans, cut carrot. mix it well and cook it for 2 min..
- Add cut capsicum and cook it for 1-2 minutes. add the dal and some water to adjust the consistency. Cover it will lead and bring it to boil. As i have already added raw mango in dal, so i have not used imli. if you are not adding raw mango, u can soak some imli in water and add the paste in sambhar. You can also use lemon juice if u wish to skip raw mango and imli. Boil it for 5-10 mins. Sambhar is ready..
- Coconut Chutney – Take 1/2 cup coconut pieces, 1/2 curd, 2-3 green chillies, salt to taste, some roasted chana dal. Blend it together to make a paste. Tadka – Take 1-2 tsp oil. heat it. add pinch of hing, mustard seeds, curry leaves, 2 red whole chillies. turn off the heat when mustard seeds starts to.pop. Add the tadka in the chutney. Coconut chutney is ready.
- Red Tomato Coconut Chutney – Take 2 tomatoes and saute it on pan. Take some coconut chutney on blender, add saute tomatoes, 2-3 whole red chillies, 1 tsp degi red chilli powder, some curd. blend it. Red Tomato Chutney is ready..
- Mint Coriander Chutney – Take all the ingredients together and blend it. chutney is ready..
- Now Prepare the platter with dosa, uttpam, chutneys, sambhar, idlis, appam. Bon Appetite!!.
If you find this South Indian Thali – Dosa, Idli, Appam, Uttpam, Sambhar, Chutney recipe valuable please share it to your friends or family, thank you and good luck.