Hey everyone, welcome to my recipe site, if you’re looking for Jamacian Style Curry Chicken recipe, look no further! We provide you only the best Jamacian Style Curry Chicken recipe here. We also have wide variety of recipes to try.
Before you jump to Jamacian Style Curry Chicken recipe, you may want to read this short interesting healthy tips about Healthy Eating Doesn’t Need To Be A Chore.
Healthy eating is now a great deal more popular than it used to be and rightfully so. The overall economy is affected by the number of individuals who are dealing with health conditions such as hypertension, which is directly associated with poor eating habits. There are more and more campaigns to try to get us to follow a more healthy way of living and still it is also easier than ever to rely on fast, convenient food that is not good for our health. People typically assume that healthy diets demand a great deal of work and will significantly change how they live and eat. In reality, though, just making some minor changes can positively affect everyday eating habits.
These more wholesome food options can be applied to other foods such as your cooking oils. For instance, monounsaturated fat such as olive oil can help counter the bad cholesterol in your diet. Olive oil is also a great source of Vitamin E which has a lot of benefits and is also great for your skin. It could be that you already think that you consume fruit and veggies but it can be worthwhile considering how fresh these are depending on where you get these. Organic foods are a great choice and will reduce any possible exposure to harmful pesticides. If you can locate a good local supplier of fresh fruit and leafy greens, you can also consume foods that have not lost their nutrients as a result of storage or not being harvested at the right time.
To sum up, it is not hard to begin making healthy eating a part of your daily lifestyle.
We hope you got benefit from reading it, now let’s go back to jamacian style curry chicken recipe. To cook jamacian style curry chicken you only need 18 ingredients and 4 steps. Here is how you cook it.
The ingredients needed to prepare Jamacian Style Curry Chicken:
- Take 1 package of boneless, skinless chicken breasts or 1 pckg thighs.
- Get 2-4 tbs of curry powder.
- Provide 1 tbs of ground all spice.
- Prepare 1/2 tsp of black pepper.
- Use of Salt for water.
- Use to taste of Thyme.
- Prepare of Olive oil.
- Use 1 tbs of white vinegar.
- Provide 1 of red tomato.
- Provide 1 of onion (red or yellow).
- Prepare 2 of carrots.
- Get 1 of red pepper.
- Take 1 of green pepper.
- Get 1 of green onion/scallion.
- Use 2 tbs of minced garlic.
- Use 4-6 of white potatoes.
- Get 2 of scotch bonnet peppers (optional).
- Get 2 tbs of sofrito (optional..I used bc I didn't have scotch bonnet).
Steps to make Jamacian Style Curry Chicken:
- Rinse chicken with water. Cut into bite size pieces. Place in salt water..
- Pat dry. Chop onion, peppers, tomato & scallon. Add 2tbs curry powder, all spice, black pepper to chicken. Add vegetables & minced garlic. (Add sofrito if desired) Marinate overnight in the fridge..
- Over medium heat add olive oil & 2 tbs curry powder. Add seasoned chicken mixture to pan, let brown 10 minutes. Chop potatoes & put in water so they don't turn. Chop carrots..
- After 10 minutes, add potatoes, carrits & thyme. (Fresh is better, but my store didn't have any). Add vinegar. (Your choice to add water, I added half of the potato water to get a little sauce for rice). Allow to simmer on medium-low to low for 45 minutes with the lid on. Serve over white rice. Add a sprinkle of salt if desired..
If you find this Jamacian Style Curry Chicken recipe valuable please share it to your close friends or family, thank you and good luck.