Hello everybody, welcome to my recipe site, If you’re looking for new recipes to try this weekend, look no further! We provide you only the best Bengali fish curry (Maacher Jhol with veggies and Bori) recipe here. We also have wide variety of recipes to try.
Before you jump to Bengali fish curry (Maacher Jhol with veggies and Bori) recipe, you may want to read this short interesting healthy tips about Healthy Eating Can Be An Easy Thing To Follow.
The benefits of healthy eating are now being given more attention than ever before and there are good reasons for this. The overall economy is impacted by the number of people who are suffering from health conditions such as high blood pressure, which is directly associated with poor eating habits. There are more and more efforts to try to get people to adopt a more healthy way of living and all the same it is also easier than ever to rely on fast, convenient food that is often bad for our health. It is likely that many people feel it will take lots of effort to eat a healthy diet or that they have to make a large scale change to the way they live. In reality, however, merely making a couple of small changes can positively affect everyday eating habits.
One initial thing you can do is to pay close attention to the choices you make when you’re at the grocery since you most probably buy many items out of habit. For example, did you ever think to check how much sugar and salt are in your favorite cereal? One heart-healthy alternative that can give you a great start to your day is oatmeal. If this is not to your liking on its own, try adding fresh fruits that have other healthy nutrients and as such, one small change to your diet has been achieved.
Therefore, it should be somewhat obvious that it’s easy to add healthy eating to your everyday life.
We hope you got insight from reading it, now let’s go back to bengali fish curry (maacher jhol with veggies and bori) recipe. You can cook bengali fish curry (maacher jhol with veggies and bori) using 12 ingredients and 11 steps. Here is how you do that.
The ingredients needed to cook Bengali fish curry (Maacher Jhol with veggies and Bori):
- You need 2 pieces of fish (Rohu / Kaatla).
- Prepare 1 of potato.
- You need 1/2 of ridge gourd or any vegetable (broad beans / cluster beans).
- Use as required of coriander leaves.
- Provide 1/2 teaspoon of kalonji (kalo jeera).
- Prepare 1 teaspoon of cumin powder.
- Get 1 teaspoon of coriander powder.
- Get 1/2 teaspoon of turmeric.
- Take As per taste of Salt.
- Prepare 2 tablespoons of cooking oil (preferably mustard oil).
- Take Few pieces of Bori / Vadiyam.
- Get 1 of green chilli.
Instructions to make Bengali fish curry (Maacher Jhol with veggies and Bori):
- Heat oil and fry fish (just lightly)..
- Keep the fish aside once fried and fry kalonji for a little while..
- Add green chillies and saute for a while..
- Add all the dry ingredients (masala) and fry for a while..
- Add little water just to create a paste of the masala..
- Add the veggies and little water. Saute for 5 mins..
- Add the fish and let it absorb the flavour of the masala (roughly 2 to 3 mins)..
- Add water to help the veggies and fish cook enough for roughly 5 to 7 mins..
- Add fresh coriander leaves and let it boil for 2 mins in the gravy..
- Deep fry the Bori / Vadiyam in a different tawa and then add them to the fish curry. Give it a quick boil so that the crispies soak in a little gravy. Do not over boil as otherwise it will soak up the gravy too much and will become soggy..
- Plate in a bowl, add some more fresh coriander and serve it with hot plain rice..
If you find this Bengali fish curry (Maacher Jhol with veggies and Bori) recipe valuable please share it to your close friends or family, thank you and good luck.