Hello everybody, welcome to our recipe site, If you’re looking for recipes idea to cook today, look no further! We provide you only the perfect Masoor Dal Tadka (Tempered Red Lentil Curry) recipe here. We also have wide variety of recipes to try.
Before you jump to Masoor Dal Tadka (Tempered Red Lentil Curry) recipe, you may want to read this short interesting healthy tips about Healthy Eating Doesn’t Have To Be A Chore.
Healthy eating is nowadays much more popular than before and rightfully so. Poor diet is a contributing factor in illnesses such as heart disease and hypertension which can put a drain on the economy. Even though we’re always being advised to follow healthy eating habits, it is also easier than ever to depend on fast food and other convenience items that are not beneficial for us. In all probability, a lot of people think that it takes a lot of work to eat healthily and that they will have to drastically alter their way of life. In reality, though, merely making some small changes can positively impact day-to-day eating habits.
You can make similar modifications with the oils that you use for cooking. Olive oil, for instance, contain monounsaturated fats which are essentially good fats that fight the effects of bad cholesterol. Olive oil is also a good source of Vitamin E which has a lot of benefits and is also terrific for your skin. It might be that you already think that you consume fruit and veggies but it can be worthwhile considering how fresh these are depending on where you get these. Organic foods are an excellent choice and will reduce any possible exposure to deadly chemical substances. Searching for a local supplier of fresh produce will give you the option of consuming foods that still contain almost all of the nutrients which are typically lost when produce has been kept in storage before it is sold.
As you can see, it is not hard to start making healthy eating a part of your daily lifestyle.
We hope you got benefit from reading it, now let’s go back to masoor dal tadka (tempered red lentil curry) recipe. You can have masoor dal tadka (tempered red lentil curry) using 14 ingredients and 7 steps. Here is how you cook it.
The ingredients needed to prepare Masoor Dal Tadka (Tempered Red Lentil Curry):
- You need 1/2 cup of masoor dal (red lentils), soaked in water for 30 minutes.
- Provide 2 tbs of oil.
- Get 1 of onion, chopped.
- Prepare 1 tbsp. of ginger-garlic paste.
- Take 1 of tomato, chopped.
- Use 1/2 tsp. of turmeric powder.
- Prepare to taste of salt.
- Use 1 tsp. of cumin powder.
- Provide 1 tsp. of coriander powder.
- Provide 1/2 tsp. of garam masala powder.
- Take 1 tsp. of panch phoron / cumin seeds.
- Use 1 tsp. of garlic, chopped.
- Use 1 tsp. of red chilli powder.
- Prepare 1 tbsp. of coriander leaves.
Instructions to make Masoor Dal Tadka (Tempered Red Lentil Curry):
- Heat 1 tbsp. oil and fry the onions till light brown. Add the ginger-garlic paste and saute for a minute..
- Then add the tomatoes and all the dry spices..
- Sprinkle some water & continue to fry on a medium flame till it is mashed..
- Add the soaked dal and saute for a minute..
- Add 1 1/2 cups water & pressure cook for 10 minutes on a medium flame after the first whistle..
- Heat the remaining oil and temper with panch phoron. After it stops spluttering, add the garlic and fry till it changes colour. Switch off the flame and add the red chilli powder..
- Mix well and pour this tempering on the boiled dal. Garnish with coriander leaves and serve with rice or chapattis..
If you find this Masoor Dal Tadka (Tempered Red Lentil Curry) recipe valuable please share it to your good friends or family, thank you and good luck.