Hello everybody, welcome to my recipe page, If you’re looking for new recipes to try this weekend, look no further! We provide you only the perfect Coffee and Chile Steak recipe here. We also have wide variety of recipes to try.
Before you jump to Coffee and Chile Steak recipe, you may want to read this short interesting healthy tips about Healthy Eating Doesn’t Need To Be A Chore.
The benefits of healthy eating are today being given more attention than ever before and there are many reasons for this. The overall economy is affected by the number of individuals who suffer from health conditions such as high blood pressure, which is directly related to poor eating habits. Although we’re constantly being advised to adopt healthy eating habits, it is also easier than ever to depend on fast food and other convenience items that are not beneficial for us. Most likely, a lot of people assume that it takes a great deal of work to eat healthily and that they will have to drastically change their way of life. It is possible, however, to make several simple changes that can start to make a difference to our day-to-day eating habits.
These types of changes are possible with all types of foods and can apply to the oils you cook in and the spread you put on bread. For example, monounsaturated fat such as olive oil can help to offset the bad cholesterol in your diet. It also provides vitamin E which is beneficial for your skin, among other things. Although you may already eat lots of fruits and vegetables, you might want to consider how fresh they are. If at all possible, buy organic produce that has not been sprayed with deadly pesticides. Finding a local supplier of fresh vegetables and fruits will give you the choice of eating foods that still have most of the nutrients which are usually lost when produce has been kept in storage before selling it.
Hence, it should be somewhat obvious that it’s not at all difficult to add healthy eating to your everyday life.
We hope you got benefit from reading it, now let’s go back to coffee and chile steak recipe. To make coffee and chile steak you need 9 ingredients and 6 steps. Here is how you achieve that.
The ingredients needed to prepare Coffee and Chile Steak:
- Prepare 1/2 of of a Flank Steak, cut into 2 pieces (across the grain).
- Use 2-3 tablespoons of ground coffee (I used Starbucks Anniversary Blend) (the grind is up to you, I went a little coarser).
- Provide 2-3 tablespoons of chili powder (I used ancho, but whatever you like will be fine).
- Take 3-4 teaspoons of brown sugar (light or dark will be fine).
- Get 0.5 oz of vegetable or canola oil (half of an average shot-glass).
- Get of The following herbs and spices are left up to you, to your tastes:.
- Prepare of cayenne, curry powder (SMALL AMOUNT), ground coriander, ground ginger, oregano, smoked paprika, salt and pepper, ground mustard.
- You need of ground cumin (extra points if you toast the mustard, coriander and cumin seeds, THEN grind them), small pinch of cocoa powder.
- Get of for the sauce: bunch of cilantro leaves, grated garlic and ginger, cayenne, olive oil, white wine vinegar, juice of 1/2 a lime.
Instructions to make Coffee and Chile Steak:
- The morning you want to make this steak, mix together the coffee, chili powder, brown sugar, and ALL of the spices, and spread over the steaks, on both sides, and be generous. (You should have some rub left over, at least I did).
- Place the steaks on a wire rack, on a plate with plenty of room to breathe and place in the fridge uncovered for 4-8 hours (it'll be fine, just make sure its as low and as far back as you can get it in the fridge).
- 30-60 minutes before you are ready to cook the steaks, take them out of the fridge to bring them close to room temperature (your steaks will thank you) preheat your oven to 400f and get started on the sauce..
- In a mortar and pestle (or a food processor) mash the cilantro with a pinch of salt until completely ground. Add the garlic, ginger, and cayenne. Grind until incorporated. Add the olive oil, vinegar, and lime juice (you can split a shot glass half and half with the oil and vinegar) bring together into a cohesive 'sauce' and set aside..
- Get a cast iron skillet very hot, carefully add your vegetable or canola oil, and carefully lay your steaks in. Sear for about a minute or two per side, then bake for 4-5 minutes depending on how done you like them. (medium rare is 120f internal).
- Let rest for about 10 minutes, slice thick, drizzle with the sauce and any pan sauce that may have accumulated (assuming you don't sop it up with bread first), and serve with a few fingerling potatoes, or a small rice pilaf. (I did riced cauliflower with mixed vegetables and I hated it).
If you find this Coffee and Chile Steak recipe helpful please share it to your friends or family, thank you and good luck.