Hello everybody, welcome to our recipe page, If you’re looking for recipes idea to cook today, look no further! We provide you only the best Katsu Curry Rice (カツカーレライス) recipe here. We also have wide variety of recipes to try.
Before you jump to Katsu Curry Rice (カツカーレライス) recipe, you may want to read this short interesting healthy tips about Healthy Eating Can Be An Easy Option.
Making the decision to eat healthily provides incredible benefits and is becoming a more popular way of life. The overall economy is affected by the number of men and women who are suffering from conditions such as hypertension, which is directly associated with poor eating habits. Wherever you look, people are encouraging you to live a more healthy way of life but but then, you are also being encouraged to rely on fast foods that can affect your health in a detrimental way. Most people typically assume that healthy diets demand much work and will significantly alter the way they live and eat. In reality, however, merely making some small changes can positively affect day-to-day eating habits.
One initial thing you can do is to pay close attention to the choices you make when you’re at the grocery as you probably buy lots of food items out of habit. For example, if you have cereal for breakfast, do you ever stop to see what the sugar and salt content is before buying? Eating a bowl of oatmeal will provide you with the energy to face the day while protecting your heart at the same time. By mixing in fresh fruit, you can make oatmeal taste better and, before you know it, you will have made a good change to your diet.
All in all, it is not difficult to start making healthy eating a part of your daily lifestyle.
We hope you got benefit from reading it, now let’s go back to katsu curry rice (カツカーレライス) recipe. You can have katsu curry rice (カツカーレライス) using 19 ingredients and 8 steps. Here is how you cook that.
The ingredients needed to cook Katsu Curry Rice (カツカーレライス):
- Use of Roux.
- Prepare 3 tbsp of butter or vegetable shortening.
- Take 4 tbsp of flour.
- Use 2 tbsp of curry powder.
- Provide 1 tbsp of garam masala.
- Prepare of Curry.
- Provide 1 of onion, sliced thin.
- Prepare 2 cloves of garlic.
- Get 1 of thumb ginger, sliced thin.
- Prepare 1 tbsp of curry powder.
- You need 2 tbsp of ketchup.
- Use 4 cups of chicken broth.
- Get 1 of carrot, cubed.
- Get 1 of medium potato, cubed.
- You need 2 of bay leaves.
- You need 1 of cinnamon stick.
- Take 1/4 tsp of whole cloves.
- Get 1/4 of apple, grated.
- Take 4 pcs of tonkatsu (breaded pork or chicken cutlets) fried.
Steps to make Katsu Curry Rice (カツカーレライス):
- Melt butter/shortening in a pan on low heat. Mix flour until well blended. Rise heat to medium low and mix until flour browns a little. Be careful not to burn it!.
- Add curry powder and garam masala, mixing well. Transfer to a bowl. If not using immediately can be stored for up to a month refrigerated..
- With 2 tbsp oil, sauté the onions under low heat. Let the onions caramelise, stirring occasionally, about 30 minutes..
- Rise heat to medium low and add garlic, ginger, ketchup, and curry powder. Stir well..
- Add potatoes, carrots, and broth. Bring heat up to medium. Add cloves, cinnamon stick, and bay leaves. Let boil, and then bring heat back down to low, and simmer for 30 minutes or until vegetables are tender..
- Add curry roux made in steps 1–2. Stir well and bring heat up to medium. Let boil, and then lower heat to low, and stir until it thickens, about 5 minutes..
- Add grated apple and stir well..
- Fry tonkatsu pieces and chop. Arrange on a plate with rice and pour curry on top. Serve hot..
If you find this Katsu Curry Rice (カツカーレライス) recipe helpful please share it to your friends or family, thank you and good luck.