Hey everyone, welcome to my recipe site, If you’re looking for recipes idea to cook today, look no further! We provide you only the perfect Tadka dal/lentil curry recipe here. We also have wide variety of recipes to try.
Before you jump to Tadka dal/lentil curry recipe, you may want to read this short interesting healthy tips about Make Healthy Eating A Part of Your Daily Life.
The benefits of healthy eating are these days being given more attention than ever before and there are many reasons why this is so. Poor diet is a contributing factor in illnesses such as heart disease and hypertension which can put a drain on the economy. Wherever you look, people are encouraging you to live a more healthy lifestyle but on the other hand, you are also being encouraged to rely on fast foods that can affect your health in a damaging way. A lot of people typically believe that healthy diets require a lot of work and will significantly change how they live and eat. In reality, though, just making a few minor changes can positively affect daily eating habits.
If you want to see results, it is definitely not essential to drastically change your eating habits. If you want to commit to a wholesale change, that is okay but the main thing at first is to try to make sure that you are making more healthy eating choices. Soon enough, you will find that you actually prefer to eat healthy foods after you have eaten that way for a while. As you continue your habit of eating healthier foods, you will discover that you will not wish to eat the old diet.
Therefore, it should be fairly obvious that it’s not at all hard to add healthy eating to your daily lifestyle.
We hope you got insight from reading it, now let’s go back to tadka dal/lentil curry recipe. To make tadka dal/lentil curry you need 9 ingredients and 8 steps. Here is how you achieve that.
The ingredients needed to make Tadka dal/lentil curry:
- Use 2 cups of lentil.
- Prepare 1 of whole garlic.
- Get to taste of Salt.
- Prepare of Cooking oil.
- You need 1 tbs of ghee.
- Prepare of Fenegreek seeds.
- Take of Corriander.
- Take 1/2 tsp of tumeric (add slightly more for extra colour).
- Provide 1 of large onion.
Instructions to make Tadka dal/lentil curry:
- Soak the lentils with hot water approx half hour, add 1 tbs salt when soaking.
- Crush the whole garlic in a mortar, cut the onion thinly.
- Put about 4-5 tsb oil in a pot add fenugree seeds & 2 bay leaves & stir for few sec. Keep some garlic aside for later and add in the rest and saute until brown. add the onion and saute until onion is lightly brown.
- Put salt as desired and cover with lid & simmer for few min.
- Put tumeric in and stir so lentils are soft and slightly mashed. Keep simmer until fully cooked.
- Add 1pint (1 3/4 cup) of water (add more or less depending on thickness to taste).
- Cover with lid (leave bit of gap) and cook on full heat for 10 minutes.
- On a seperate pan, heat 1tbs ghee and add the remaining garlic to fry until nicely brown. Once done, mix it into the curry and give it a good mix then garnish with coriander.
If you find this Tadka dal/lentil curry recipe useful please share it to your friends or family, thank you and good luck.