Hey everyone, welcome to my recipe site, If you’re looking for recipes idea to cook today, look no further! We provide you only the perfect Beetroot Appam & Potato Stew recipe here. We also have wide variety of recipes to try.
Before you jump to Beetroot Appam & Potato Stew recipe, you may want to read this short interesting healthy tips about Make Healthy Eating A Part of Your Life.
Healthy eating is today a good deal more popular than before and rightfully so. The overall economy is affected by the number of individuals who are suffering from health problems such as hypertension, which is directly related to poor eating habits. Everywhere you look, people are encouraging you to live a more healthy way of life but but then, you are also being encouraged to rely on convenience foods that can affect your health in a detrimental way. It is likely that a lot of people feel it will take great effort to eat a healthy diet or that they have to make a large scale change to their way of life. In reality, however, merely making some small changes can positively affect everyday eating habits.
The first change you need to make is to pay more attention to what you purchase when you go to the grocery as it is likely that you are inclined to pick up many of the things without thinking. For example, have you ever checked how much sugar and salt are in your favorite cereal? A good healthy option can be porridge oats which have been found to be good for your heart and can give you good sustainable energy every day. You don’t like eating oatmeal on its own, you can easily mix in fresh fruits that can provide other healthy nutrients and as such, one modest change to your diet has been achieved.
Evidently, it’s not hard to begin incorporating healthy eating into your daily lifestyle.
We hope you got insight from reading it, now let’s go back to beetroot appam & potato stew recipe. To make beetroot appam & potato stew you need 22 ingredients and 14 steps. Here is how you do that.
The ingredients needed to cook Beetroot Appam & Potato Stew:
- Use of Ingredients of APPAMS:.
- Get 2 cups of rice soaked for 6-7 hours.
- Use 1 cup of cooked rice / white poha.
- Take 3/4 cup of coconut grated.
- Take 2 tbsp of sugar and Salt to taste.
- Prepare as needed of few drops of Beetroot juice.
- You need 1 tbsp of yeast.
- Provide of Ingredients of potato STEW:.
- You need 3 of medium, (peeled and cubed) potatoes.
- Provide 1 of medium, (thinly sliced) onion.
- Prepare 4-5 of (slit open lengthwise) green chillies.
- Take 1&1/2″ piece of (finely chopped) ginger.
- Use 1/2 tsp of turmeric powder.
- You need 1 &1/2 cup of Thin coconut milk – 2 nd extract.
- Prepare 1/2 cup of Thick coconut milk -1st extract.
- Get 1 tbsp of coconut oil.
- Provide of For Tadka:.
- Get 1 tsp of mustard seeds.
- Take 1 tsp of cumin seeds.
- Take 1 tbsp of onions sliced.
- Take 2 sprig of curry leaves.
- Get 1 tbsp of coconut oil.
Steps to make Beetroot Appam & Potato Stew:
- Appam Procedure: Grind all the above listed ingredients with some warm water to form a smooth thin paste. To make it more healthy and look attractive, i have added 1 beetroot juice and mix well..
- Cover the batter in an airtight container and keep it to ferment for around 10 -12 hours in a warm place..
- I have used warm water to fasten the fermentation time. When the batter ferments, the mixture will rise up forming air wholes. Give it a good stir and this is how the finally fermented batter looks like. Look at the batter consistency. Check for salt at the time of preparing Appams..
- Making of Appams : Appams are made in Appa Chatti or Appam kadai to get the shape..
- The Chatti should be on medium-high flame and hot. There is no need to heavily grease the non-stick chatti. At the most just put few drops of oil on tissue paper and wipe over the pan..
- The pan should be piping hot before pouring the batter. Pour 1 deep ladle of batter. Lift the Chatti over the flame and gently Move the batter in round shape..
- When you see bubbles coming up, close it with lid and wait for approximate 1 minute..
- No need to open the lid frequently, allow it cook on medium heat. In between just open the lid once to remove the steam water from the lid and close back, allowing it to cook for another few more seconds..
- No need to flip the Appams. Each Appam takes 1 to 2 minutes to cook. When the Appam is ready the edges resemble crisp lace and center soft..
- Potato Stew Procedure: In a pressure cooker heat 2 tsp of oil, add the thinly sliced onions. slit green chillies and chopped ginger and sauté until the onions gets transparent..
- Now add the cubed potatoes with 1/2 cup of water and salt. Pressure cook for 1 whistles, once the potatoes are cooked, mash some of the potatoes to get a thick gravy..
- Add thin coconut milk and let it cook on low heat for 10 mins. Now add the thick coconut milk and bring to boil and reduce the heat to low and cook uncovered till it reaches thick and creamy..
- For the Tadka: heat 1 tbsp oil, splutter mustard seeds, jeera seeds, Add 1 tbsp onions, curry leaves, and remove from the heat..
- Pour it over the curry and let it rest for 5 minutes, this allows the aroma and the flavor to seep in. Potato stew is ready.
If you find this Beetroot Appam & Potato Stew recipe helpful please share it to your friends or family, thank you and good luck.