Hey everyone, welcome to my recipe page, If you’re looking for new recipes to try this weekend, look no further! We provide you only the perfect Kerala Style Spicy & Tangy Inji Curry recipe here. We also have wide variety of recipes to try.
Before you jump to Kerala Style Spicy & Tangy Inji Curry recipe, you may want to read this short interesting healthy tips about Healthy Eating Can Be An Easy Thing To Follow.
Opting to eat healthily offers great benefits and is becoming a more popular way of life. The overall economy is impacted by the number of people who are dealing with diseases such as hypertension, which is directly linked to poor eating habits. There are more and more campaigns to try to get people to lead a healthier way of living and still it is also easier than ever to rely on fast, convenient food that is often bad for our health. It is likely that lots of people assume it will take so much effort to eat a healthy diet or that they have to make a large scale change to the way they live. In reality, though, merely making a few modest changes can positively impact daily eating habits.
The first change to make is to pay more attention to what you purchase when you shop for food since it is likely that you have the tendency to pick up many of the things without thinking. As an example, in all likelihood you have never checked the box of your favorite cereal to find out how much sugar it contains. Eating a bowl of oatmeal will give you the energy to face the day while protecting your heart at the same time. By mixing in fresh fruit, you can improve the flavor and, before you know it, you will have made a good change to your diet.
To sum up, it is easy to begin to make healthy eating a regular part of your daily lifestyle.
We hope you got insight from reading it, now let’s go back to kerala style spicy & tangy inji curry recipe. To cook kerala style spicy & tangy inji curry you only need 14 ingredients and 6 steps. Here is how you do that.
The ingredients needed to make Kerala Style Spicy & Tangy Inji Curry:
- Prepare 200 gms of Ginger (Finely Chopped).
- Get 3 tbsp of Coconut Oil.
- Use 1 tbsp of Saffola Oil.
- Provide 1/2 tsp of Mustard Seeds.
- You need 2 of Long Green Chillies (Finely Chopped).
- Prepare 2 Sprigs of Curry Leaves.
- You need 2 of Onions (Finely Chopped).
- You need 1/2 tsp of Turmeric Powder.
- Provide 2 tbsp of Red Chilli Powder.
- You need 1/4 tsp of Fenugreek Powder.
- Get 3-4 of Medium Pieces of Jaggery.
- Use 1 cup of Water.
- Provide 1 tbsp of Tamarind Paste.
- Provide of Salt (As required).
Steps to make Kerala Style Spicy & Tangy Inji Curry:
- Wash the ginger nicely. Peel out the upper layer. Chop it and add it to an electric chopper so that we get finely chopped ginger pieces. Heat 1 tbsp coconut oil in a pan. Add the finely chopped ginger pieces to it and fry till the ginger turns light brown in colour and the moisture has reduced. Remove the fried ginger and set aside..
- In the same pan, add 2 tbsp coconut oil and 1 tbsp saffola oil. When the oil is hot, add mustard seeds and allow it to splutter. Add green chillies and curry leaves and saute for few seconds. Add the finely chopped onions and saute till the onions are light brown..
- Add the turmeric powder and chilli powder and saute for few seconds. Now off the flame. Add fenugreek powder and mix well. This helps to avoid the burning of the fenugreek powder..
- Heat 1 cup of water. Add 3-4 medium pieces of jaggery to it and allow it to dissolve. Strain and keep it ready. Turn the flame on and add a little solution of jaggery to make a thick paste. Cook this mixture till the oil separates. This enhances the flavor of the dish..
- Now add the tamarind paste, salt, fried ginger and the remaining jaggery solution. Mix well and let it come to a boil. Let it cook till the mixture thickens a bit. Adjust salt and jaggery, if need be..
- Kerala Style Spicy & Tangy Inji Curry is ready to be relished with hot steamed rice..
If you find this Kerala Style Spicy & Tangy Inji Curry recipe useful please share it to your good friends or family, thank you and good luck.