Hey everyone, welcome to my recipe site, looking for the perfect Sabut Masoor Dal (Whole Red Lentil Curry) recipe? look no further! We provide you only the perfect Sabut Masoor Dal (Whole Red Lentil Curry) recipe here. We also have wide variety of recipes to try.
Before you jump to Sabut Masoor Dal (Whole Red Lentil Curry) recipe, you may want to read this short interesting healthy tips about Wholesome Power Goodies.
Healthy eating encourages a feeling of well being. When we eat more healthy meals and a smaller amount of the bad ones we generally feel much better. A salad allows us to feel better than a piece of pizza (physically in any case). Sometimes it’s hard to find wholesome foods for something to eat between meals. Shopping for snack foods can be a challenge because you have a great number of options. There’s nothing like one of these simple healthy foods when you really need an energy-boosting treat.
Yogurt can be a snack many individuals ignore. Occasionally people decide to eat yogurt over a nutritious lunch which is not the right idea. As a food, however, yogurt is one of the very best things you’ll be able to reach for. It is a protein-rich resource of healthy vitamins and minerals. Easily digestible, yogurt can even help your digestive tract work properly depending upon the culture used to create it. Fast hint: choose unsweetened yogurt and add walnuts or flaxseeds. This reduces your sugar absorption without minimizing the taste of your snack.
There are lots of healthy treats you can choose that don’t involve a lot of preparation or searching. Determining to live a healthy lifestyle can be as easy as you want it to be.
We hope you got insight from reading it, now let’s go back to sabut masoor dal (whole red lentil curry) recipe. You can have sabut masoor dal (whole red lentil curry) using 22 ingredients and 6 steps. Here is how you do it.
The ingredients needed to prepare Sabut Masoor Dal (Whole Red Lentil Curry):
- Use 1 cup of whole masoor dal with skin, soaked overnight.
- Prepare 1 tsp. of ginger, chopped.
- Provide 2 of green chilies.
- Take 2 tbsp. of mustard oil.
- Prepare 1 tsp. of cumin seeds.
- Provide 1/2 tsp. of fennel seeds.
- Prepare 1" of cinnamon stick.
- Prepare 3 of green cardamoms.
- Take 6 of cloves.
- Provide 1 of onion, chopped.
- Provide 1 tsp. of ginger-garlic paste.
- Use 1 tsp. of tomato paste.
- Get 1 tsp. of coriander powder.
- Get 1 tsp. of cumin powder.
- Provide 1 tsp. of red chilli powder.
- You need 1/2 tsp. of turmeric powder.
- Take 1/2 tsp. of garam masala powder.
- You need to taste of salt.
- Take 1 of tomato, chopped.
- Take 1 tsp. of kasuri methi (dry fenugreek leaves), crushed.
- Get 1 tsp. of lime juice.
- Prepare 1 tbsp. of coriander leaves, chopped.
Instructions to make Sabut Masoor Dal (Whole Red Lentil Curry):
- Pressure cook the dal in 2 cups water along with 1 tsp. oil, turmeric powder, green chilies and ginger for 10 minutes on a low flame after the first whistle..
- Heat remaining oil in a pan & temper with cinnamon, cardamoms, cloves, cumin seeds & fennel seeds. Saute for a few seconds..
- Add the onion and fry till light brown. Add ginger-garlic paste, tomato paste & all the remaining dry spices (except salt) mixed with a little water. Fry till the oil separates..
- Now add the tomatoes and continue to fry till it is mashed..
- Pour over the boiled dal, salt and 1 cup water. Adjust water according to the consistency required..
- When done, add the kasuri methi and lime juice. Mix well and keep it covered for 4-5 minutes. Then garnish with coriander leaves and serve with rice or chapattis..
If you find this Sabut Masoor Dal (Whole Red Lentil Curry) recipe helpful please share it to your close friends or family, thank you and good luck.