Hey everyone, welcome to my recipe site, If you’re looking for new recipes to try this weekend, look no further! We provide you only the perfect Sorakaya Ullikaram Curry (Bottle gourd(Lauki) in onion gravy) recipe here. We also have wide variety of recipes to try.
Before you jump to Sorakaya Ullikaram Curry (Bottle gourd(Lauki) in onion gravy) recipe, you may want to read this short interesting healthy tips about Make Healthy Eating A Part of Your Daily Life.
The benefits of healthy eating are today being given more attention than ever before and there are good reasons for this. There are numerous diseases associated with a poor diet and there is a cost to the overall economy as individuals suffer from conditions such as heart disease and hypertension. Although we’re incessantly being encouraged to stick with healthy eating habits, it is also easier than ever to depend on fast food and other convenience items that are not beneficial for us. In all probability, a lot of people believe that it takes a great deal of work to eat healthily and that they will have to drastically alter their way of life. In reality, though, just making some minor changes can positively affect daily eating habits.
These sorts of changes are possible with all kinds of foods and can apply to the oils you cook in and the spread you put on bread. Olive oil is a monounsaturated fat which can help to lower bad cholesterol. It can also be beneficial for your skin as it is an excellent source of vitamin E. Although you may already eat a lot of fruits and vegetables, you may want to consider how fresh they are. Organic foods are a superb choice and will reduce any possible exposure to deadly chemicals. Looking for a local supplier of fresh fruits and veggies will give you the choice of eating foods that still contain virtually all of the nutrients which are usually lost when produce has been kept in storage before it is sold.
All in all, it is not difficult to begin making healthy eating a part of your daily lifestyle.
We hope you got insight from reading it, now let’s go back to sorakaya ullikaram curry (bottle gourd(lauki) in onion gravy) recipe. To cook sorakaya ullikaram curry (bottle gourd(lauki) in onion gravy) you need 10 ingredients and 10 steps. Here is how you cook that.
The ingredients needed to cook Sorakaya Ullikaram Curry (Bottle gourd(Lauki) in onion gravy):
- Prepare one of bottle gourd / Lauki medium size sorakaya.
- Provide one of onion medium size.
- Provide 6 pods of garlic.
- Provide two big pinch of cumin seeds.
- You need 3 of red chilli (may vary depending on spicy).
- Use of oil for deep fry.
- Use one big pinch of Mustard seeds.
- Get pinch of Hing.
- Use 1/4 of turmeric th spoon.
- Provide to taste of salt.
Instructions to make Sorakaya Ullikaram Curry (Bottle gourd(Lauki) in onion gravy):
- Before day process: Wash bottle gourd thoroughly and keep deep slits with knife all over bottle gourd. Leave it for one hour. Cut into small pieces, add salt and place in a colander with a bowl down to collect the water oozing out. Refrigerate for the whole night..
- Take out the colander from fridge and squeeze out the excess water from pieces..
- Heat oil in a kadai and deep fry these pieces on medium flame in batches. (I fried in two batches). Place them on kitchen towels to absorb excess oil..
- Grind chopped onions, garlic pods, cumin seeds, red chilli and salt into a coarse paste by adding little water..
- Now heat a pan and add two tablespoons of oil. Add mustard seeds and let it splutter..
- Add hing and immediately add the onion paste. Add turmeric now..
- Saute well until raw smell disappears. It will take approximately 15mins..
- Once the sides gets leaving oil, then add the fried lauki pieces and mix well until the pieces gets coated well..
- Simmer for 5mins more and garnish with coriander leaves..
- Serve with hot rice and papad or chapati..
If you find this Sorakaya Ullikaram Curry (Bottle gourd(Lauki) in onion gravy) recipe helpful please share it to your friends or family, thank you and good luck.