Hey everyone, welcome to our recipe page, If you’re looking for recipes idea to cook today, look no further! We provide you only the perfect Spanish Mackerel Curry recipe here. We also have wide variety of recipes to try.
Before you jump to Spanish Mackerel Curry recipe, you may want to read this short interesting healthy tips about Wholesome Power Snacks.
Healthy eating promotes a feeling of health and wellbeing. If we eat more healthy meals and a smaller amount of the bad ones we typically feel much better. Eating more fresh vegetables helps you feel a lot better than eating a portion of pizza. This is often a problem, nevertheless, with regards to eating between meals. Finding snack foods that will help us feel better and enhance our levels of energy often involves lots of shopping and meticulous reading of labels. There’s nothing like one of these simple healthy foods if you want an energy-boosting snack.
Whole grain foods are an excellent choice for a fast balanced snack. A mid-morning snack of whole grain bread together with some protein will sustain you until it’s time for lunch. Eating on the run can easily be much healthier with whole fiber chips and crackers. Make the shift from refined products just like white bread to the healthier whole grain alternatives.
You can find lots of healthy snacks you can choose that never involve a lot of preparation or searching. When you make the determination to be healthy, it’s simple to find what you need to be successful at it.
We hope you got insight from reading it, now let’s go back to spanish mackerel curry recipe. You can cook spanish mackerel curry using 21 ingredients and 8 steps. Here is how you cook it.
The ingredients needed to cook Spanish Mackerel Curry:
- Get of A. Ingredients.
- You need 5 slices of Spanish Mackerel – fried.
- Prepare of (Rub Turmeric powder + salt on fish slices before frying).
- Take 5 of ladies fingers / okra.
- Take 1 of egg plant – thickly sliced.
- Prepare of B. Spices.
- You need 1/3 C of cooking oil.
- Get 1 tsp of mixed Indian spices (see Note).
- You need of C. Blend into a very fine paste.
- You need 1 of medium or big brown onion.
- You need 2 of shallots.
- Use 2 of garlic.
- Provide 1/2 C of soaked & softened dried chillies.
- Use of D. Make into a paste.
- Get 1/2 C of Baba’s Fish Curry Powder.
- You need 1 tbsp of Baba’s Meat Curry Powder.
- Get of E. Seasonings.
- You need to taste of Chicken seasoning powder.
- Get of Note.
- Use 1 of . Mixed Indian Spices or Panch Phoran can be bought ready mixed from the store.
- Take 2 of . Panch Phoran can also be prepared at home by mixing equal portion of fennel seed, cumin, fenugreek, mustard seed, nigella seed. Use a teaspoon full in this fish curry.
Steps to make Spanish Mackerel Curry:
- A – Rub a teaspoon of turmeric powder and salt (or use chicken seasoning powder) on spanish mackerel slices. Fry fish slices until cooked through. Clean okra or ladies fingers’ stem (the very end of okras stem) and place okra on a hot wok. Cook at very high heat, without oil, for few minutes or until just wilted. This is to reduce the sliminess of the cut okra. Next, slice the eggplant..
- B – Use store-bought, pre-mixed indian spices or prepare at home by mixing equal portion of fennel seed, cumin, fenugreek, mustard seed and nigella seed. Use a teaspoon full of this mixed spices in this curry. Alternatively, just use a pinch of each spice..
- C – Place ingredients in C with 1/4 C – 1/3 C of water in a blender and blend into a very fine paste..
- D – Combine D in a bowl. Add enough water to make a soft curry paste, not too thick or too thin..
- Cooking the curry – Over medium heat, heat cooking oil in a big wok. Add B (mixed spices) and stir for few seconds..
- Add in C (blended ingredients) and cook until aromatic and translucent..
- Next, add D (curry paste) and continue cooking and stirring for 4-5 minutes or until oil is separated from the curry mixture..
- Pour 1 1/2 cups (to 2 cups) of water. Stir to mix and add sliced egg plant. Cover and bring to a boil and eggplant is tender. Season with enough chicken seasoning powder. Taste and adjust seasoning accordingly. Add okra and fish. Bring curry to a boil again and turn the heat off right after that. Dish up. Serve with rice, dipping bread or roti..
If you find this Spanish Mackerel Curry recipe useful please share it to your close friends or family, thank you and good luck.