Hey everyone, welcome to my recipe site, if you’re looking for Red Lentil Curry (daal) recipe, look no further! We provide you only the best Red Lentil Curry (daal) recipe here. We also have wide variety of recipes to try.
Before you jump to Red Lentil Curry (daal) recipe, you may want to read this short interesting healthy tips about Stamina Enhancing Snacks.
We are very mindful that consuming healthy snacks can help us truly feel better in our bodies. We are likely to feel way less gross after we increase our daily allowance of wholesome foods and lower our consumption of unhealthy foods. Eating more fresh vegetables helps you feel much better than eating a piece of pizza. Sometimes it’s hard to find healthier foods for treats between meals. You can spend several hours at the supermarket searching for the right snack foods to allow you to feel healthy. There’s nothing like one of these brilliant healthy foods when you really need an energy-boosting snack.
Yogurt is a snack many people take for granted. The fact is, many individuals will substitute a container of yogurt for a healthy lunch-something we really do not recommend. You can’t beat yogurt when it comes to a nutritious snack though. It is a protein-rich source of wholesome minerals and vitamins. Yogurt is typically eaten to help maintain the digestive system since it is so easily digestible by the majority of people. Quick hint: pick unsweetened yogurt and add walnuts or flaxseeds. This decreases your sugar consumption without reducing the taste of your snack.
A large selection of quick health snacks is easily available. When you make the determination to be healthy, it’s easy to find just what you need to be successful at it.
We hope you got insight from reading it, now let’s go back to red lentil curry (daal) recipe. To make red lentil curry (daal) you need 18 ingredients and 11 steps. Here is how you cook that.
The ingredients needed to make Red Lentil Curry (daal):
- You need 1 of pot :.
- You need 5 cup of 5-6 cup of water in a pot.
- Get 1 1/2 cup of Red lentils (washed).
- Use 4 small of 4-5 small curry leaves (food flavour and smell).
- Get 1 tsp of Garlic paste.
- Use 1 tsp of Ginger paste.
- You need of Spices.
- Prepare 1/2 tsp of Chilli/ cayenne powder (for heat).
- Prepare 1 of Whole chicken bouillon cube.
- Provide 1 tsp of All spice powder (garam masala).
- Provide 1/2 tsp of Cumin powder.
- You need 1 of Salt.
- Prepare of Separate pan.
- Get 1 medium of Onion.
- Provide 3 of Curry leaves.
- Use 1/2 tsp of Cumin seeds.
- Use 3 tbsp of Olive or canola oil.
- Take 1 of Chopped coriander (cilantro) leaves to garnish.
Instructions to make Red Lentil Curry (daal):
- In a pot, boil water and add in the washed red lentils when water starts boiling along with the curry leaves..
- Cover halfway and cook at medium until lentils are tender and they turn yellow Estimated time would be from within 15-20 minutes.
- Add the garlic and ginger (mix well).
- Add in the spices and cook on medium heat for 10 minutes.
- On a separate pan: add in the olive oil/ or your choice of oil and wait till it warms up.
- Add in the cumin seeds and the curry leaves and fry for 25 seconds.
- Add in the sliced onions and fry until brown (not burnt).
- In the pot: add in the fried onions and mix well. Turn heat up high and stir occasionally (make sure nothing sticks) for 5 minutes.
- After 5 minutes bring the heat back to low (3) and cook for another 5 minutes until the curry thickens.
- Serve with basmati/white/brown rice or roti (flat bread).
- Garnish it with cilantro when on the plate.
If you find this Red Lentil Curry (daal) recipe useful please share it to your good friends or family, thank you and good luck.