Hey everyone, welcome to my recipe site, If you’re looking for recipes idea to cook today, look no further! We provide you only the perfect Tomato Chicken Curry recipe here. We also have wide variety of recipes to try.
Before you jump to Tomato Chicken Curry recipe, you may want to read this short interesting healthy tips about Healthy Eating Can Be An Easy Choice.
Opting to eat healthily has many benefits and is becoming a more popular way of living. The overall economy is affected by the number of men and women who are suffering from health conditions such as hypertension, which is directly linked to poor eating habits. Wherever you look, people are encouraging you to live a more healthy lifestyle but but then, you are also being encouraged to rely on fast foods that can affect your health in a detrimental way. A lot of people typically believe that healthy diets call for a lot of work and will significantly change how they live and eat. In reality, though, just making a couple of modest changes can positively affect daily eating habits.
Initially, you should be very careful when you are shopping for food that you don’t unthinkingly put things in your basket that you no longer want to eat. As an example, most probably you have never checked the box of your favorite cereal to find out its sugar content. One heart-healthy option that can give you a healthy start to your day is oatmeal. Add fruits or spices to improve the flavor and now you have a breakfast that can become a regular part of your new healthy eating plan.
Therefore, it should be fairly obvious that it’s not hard to add healthy eating to your daily lifestyle.
We hope you got benefit from reading it, now let’s go back to tomato chicken curry recipe. You can have tomato chicken curry using 18 ingredients and 8 steps. Here is how you cook that.
The ingredients needed to prepare Tomato Chicken Curry:
- Take 2 tbsp of canola oil.
- Prepare 1 tsp of cumin seeds.
- Get 1 medium of red onion.
- Take 5 clove of of garlic.
- You need 1/2 tsp of jarred chopped ginger.
- Prepare 4 of dried arbol chiles.
- Prepare 2 large of bay leaves.
- Get 14 1/2 oz of can of whole plum tomatos.
- Get 1/4 tsp of turmeric.
- Take 1/2 tsp of paparika.
- Provide 2 lb of boneless chicken breast.
- You need 2 medium of red skinned potatoes, cut into 1 inch cubes.
- Provide 1 tsp of honey/nectar.
- Get 1 of kosher salt, to taste.
- Provide 2 1/2 tbsp of plain whole milk greek yogurt.
- Get 1 tsp of of Garam Masala.
- Get 1 of cooked basmati rice, for serving.
- Provide 1 of chopped cilantro, for topping.
Steps to make Tomato Chicken Curry:
- Heat the canola oil in large, deep pot over medium heat until it simmers. Sprinkle in the cumin seeds and stir a bit. The cumin should begin to sizzle immediately, become fragrant and darken slightly..
- Immediately add chopped red onion and bay leaves to their pot. Cook, stirring often, until the onion is dark brown in color, about 12 to 15 minutes..
- As the onion cooks, drain the juice from the can of tomatoes in a liquid measuring cup; set aside. In a food processor, add the tomatoes, garlic, ginger, Chile's, turmeric and paprika. Puree a few seconds..
- Add tomato base to onion mixture and cook, stirring, until thick, about 10 minutes. It should be a paste-like consistency..
- When the mixture begins to stick to the bottom of the pot, add the chicken and potatoes. Cook, stirring, until the chicken is opaque and the sauce sticks to the meat and potatoes, about 8-10 minutes..
- Add the honey/nectar to reserved tomato juice, then add enough water to make 1.5 cups of liquid. Pour into pot. Season with salt as desired and bring to a boil. Reduce heat to medium-low and gently simmer, uncovered and stirring occasionally, until the potatoes are tender and the sauce is slightly thickened, about 30 minutes..
- Stir in the yogurt and sprinkle the Garam Masala..
- Serve over cooked basmati rice. Top with cilantro..
If you find this Tomato Chicken Curry recipe valuable please share it to your close friends or family, thank you and good luck.