Hey everyone, welcome to our recipe page, looking for the perfect Coconut Curry Chicken Satay recipe? look no further! We provide you only the perfect Coconut Curry Chicken Satay recipe here. We also have wide variety of recipes to try.
Before you jump to Coconut Curry Chicken Satay recipe, you may want to read this short interesting healthy tips about Make Healthy Eating A Part of Your Daily Life.
Making the decision to eat healthily provides incredible benefits and is becoming a more popular way of life. Poor diet is one factor in health conditions such as heart disease and hypertension which can place a drain on the economy. While we’re constantly being advised to stick with healthy eating habits, it is also easier than ever to rely on fast food and other convenience items that are not beneficial for us. It is likely that lots of people believe it will take lots of effort to eat a healthy diet or that they have to make a large scale change to the way they live. In reality, however, just making a couple of modest changes can positively impact daily eating habits.
You can make similar alterations with the oils that you use for cooking. Olive oil has monounsaturated fat which can help to reduce bad cholesterol. It also provides vitamin E which is beneficial for your skin, among other things. If you presently eat a lot of fresh fruits and veggies, you may want to think about where you’re buying them and if it’s the best source. If you can opt for organic foods, you can avoid the problem of consuming crops that may have been sprayed with toxic pesticides. If you can locate a good local supplier of fresh fruit and leafy greens, you can also consume foods that have not lost their nutrients because of storage or not being picked at the right time.
Hence, it should be fairly obvious that it’s easy to add healthy eating to your life.
We hope you got benefit from reading it, now let’s go back to coconut curry chicken satay recipe. To make coconut curry chicken satay you need 12 ingredients and 8 steps. Here is how you cook it.
The ingredients needed to prepare Coconut Curry Chicken Satay:
- Provide 40 of skewers soaked ideally overnight, but at least 6 hours or so.
- Prepare 4 pounds of boneless, skinless chicken breast or thigh meat cut into roughly 1/3-inch thick, 1.5-inch wide strips.
- Provide 1-1.5 teaspoons of kosher salt.
- Take 1/3 cup of coconut milk.
- Prepare 1/4 cup of minced shallots.
- Take 3 Tablespoons of packed brown sugar.
- You need 2 Tablespoons of fish sauce.
- Get 2 Tablespoons of oil.
- Prepare of zest of 1 lime.
- Use 1.5-2 Tablespoons of fresh lime juice.
- Take 1 Tablespoon of minced garlic (about 2 large cloves).
- You need 1/2 Tablespoon of curry powder.
Instructions to make Coconut Curry Chicken Satay:
- In a large mixing bowl, combine the chicken strips with the salt first and give them a good thorough mixing with your hands to ensure that the chicken is evenly seasoned with the salt. Let that sit for about 5 minutes while add the other ingredients into the bowl..
- Combine the rest of the marinade ingredients with the salted chicken and again, using your hands, massage the ingredients gently and thoroughly into the chicken, making sure that all the components are evenly distributed throughout the chicken..
- Cover the chicken and let marinate in the refrigerator for at least 2 hours and up to 8. (What will happen if you marinate it longer? Well, it won't be terrible, but the longer proteins sit in a salty mixture, the more cured a texture they begin to take on. You can actually let this marinade go for 2 or 3 days before you cook the chicken, but I think up to 8 hours for chicken breast keeps optimal texture. Up to overnight for dark meat.).
- Skewer the chicken in roughly 6-inch segments. This may take combining 2 or more pieces together. No biggie. Also, if you're planning to cook the chicken over coals right after you skewer, right before Step 4 would be a good time to light your coals..
- Grill the skewers over slightly lower than medium heat. 3 to 4.5 minutes per side for breast meat, 5.5 to 7 minutes per side for dark meat..
- GRILLING TIPS: If you're grilling on a gas grill, you just need to preheat your grill to a just under medium heat for 10 to 15 minutes prior to cooking. If you're grilling with coals, since you're dealing with smaller, thinner skewer cuts, you'll want to make sure to give your coals plenty of time for the flames to burn out and then a little time for the white heat to dissipate just a bit before you start cooking..
- GRILLING TIPS (cont): You'll be able to tell when some of the coals have returned to something more like the original charcoal color. And then there's always the hand test (assuming an even spread of the coals) in which you hold your hand an inch or two above the grill grates and judge the temp by how long you can hold it there before you have to pull it away. For the slightly less than medium heat you want for these satay skewers, 4 to 5 seconds should do it..
- Enjoy! :).
If you find this Coconut Curry Chicken Satay recipe helpful please share it to your close friends or family, thank you and good luck.