Hello everybody, welcome to our recipe page, If you’re looking for new recipes to try this weekend, look no further! We provide you only the perfect Kerala Style Spicy Chicken Curry recipe here. We also have wide variety of recipes to try.
Before you jump to Kerala Style Spicy Chicken Curry recipe, you may want to read this short interesting healthy tips about Healthy Eating Can Be An Easy Option.
The benefits of healthy eating are today being given more publicity than ever before and there are a number of reasons for doing this. Poor diet is a leading factor in illnesses such as heart disease and hypertension which can place a drain on the economy. Although we’re constantly being counseled to stick with healthy eating habits, it is also easier than ever to rely on fast food and other convenience items that are not healthy for us. It is likely that a lot of people assume it will take great effort to eat a healthy diet or that they have to make a large scale change to how they live. In reality, however, just making a few minor changes can positively impact daily eating habits.
These sorts of changes can be done with all types of foods and can apply to the oils you cook in and the spread you use on bread. For instance, monounsaturated fat such as olive oil can be helpful in offsetting the bad cholesterol in your diet. It is also a great source of Vitamin E which has many benefits and is also great for your skin. It may be that you already feel that you consume fruit and veggies but it can be worthwhile considering how fresh these are depending on where you purchase these. If at all possible, try buying organic produce that has not been sprayed with harmful pesticides. You can be certain that you’re getting the most nutritional benefits from your fresh produce if you can locate a local supplier as you will be able to buy the fruit when it is the freshest and ripest.
Obviously, it’s not at all hard to begin incorporating healthy eating into your daily routine.
We hope you got insight from reading it, now let’s go back to kerala style spicy chicken curry recipe. You can have kerala style spicy chicken curry using 24 ingredients and 6 steps. Here is how you achieve that.
The ingredients needed to prepare Kerala Style Spicy Chicken Curry:
- Get 2-3 lbs of Free range organic whole chicken – skinless ,cut into medium size pieces.
- Provide of Curry leaves few strands (or handful of leaves).
- Take 2 of medium size purple onions – chopped into fine pieces.
- You need 2 of large tomatoes- cut into fine pieces.
- You need of Extra virgin coconut oil required for cooking.
- Use 3-4 of green chillies chopped vertically.
- Take 1 cup of cilantro leaves – chopped.
- You need 1 1/2-2 cups of coconut milk (another option – take 1 cup of shredded coconut and grind it into fine paste in mixer and use).
- Get 1 tbsp of ginger paste (around 2'' piece).
- Take 1 tbsp of garlic paste (around 4-5 nos).
- You need 2 tsp of vinegar.
- Provide to taste of salt.
- Prepare of For Masala :.
- Use 5-8 of Dried red chilli (add more or less depending on spice level).
- Prepare 10 of Black peppercorns.
- Prepare 3-4 tbsp of coriander seeds.
- Use 3-4 of cardamom pods.
- Take 3-4 of cloves.
- You need 2 of bay leaves.
- Use 1 tsp of Fennel seeds.
- You need 2 of small sticks cinnamon (or 1/2 tsp if using powder).
- Provide 2-3 strands of curry leaves.
- Get 4-5 of pearl onions – peeled and chopped into two halves.
- Get 1/2 tsp of turmeric powder.
Steps to make Kerala Style Spicy Chicken Curry:
- In a pan pour 1 tbsp of coconut oil and wait till the oil becomes hot. Next, fry all the items mentioned under masala section till the nice aroma of masala comes. Turn off the heat and wait for the mixture to cool down before you grind it into a thick paste (add some water for grinding). Keep this masala paste aside.
- In a cooking dish add few teaspoons of coconut oil required to fry the chopped onions. Wait till onion changes color. Then add salt as required..
- Next add ginger-garlic paste, green chillies and fry well. Into this add chopped tomato pieces, few curry leaves and sauté well.
- Add vinegar and the previously prepared masala paste and continue to sauté well..
- Add chicken pieces into this. Cover the dish and cook for 5 minutes. Now ,add coconut milk/paste and mix well. Allow this to cook for 2 – 5 minutes or till the chicken is cooked. Add hot water if you need more gravy. Finally add chopped cilantro, curry leaves. Mix everything well and bring it to a boil..
- Turn off the heat and pour 1/2 tsp coconut oil on the top. Serve hot with rice, roti, puttu, dosa, etc ..
If you find this Kerala Style Spicy Chicken Curry recipe helpful please share it to your close friends or family, thank you and good luck.