Hello everybody, welcome to my recipe site, looking for the perfect Mathanga puli curry recipe? look no further! We provide you only the best Mathanga puli curry recipe here. We also have wide variety of recipes to try.
Before you jump to Mathanga puli curry recipe, you may want to read this short interesting healthy tips about Treats that provide You Vitality.
We are very mindful that eating healthy snacks can help us really feel better in our bodies. When we eat more healthy meals and a lesser amount of of the unhealthy ones we usually feel much better. Eating fresh vegetables helps you feel much better than eating a slice of pizza. Selecting healthier food choices can be tough when it is snack time. Finding snack foods that help us feel better and boost our levels of energy often involves lots of shopping and scrupulous reading of labels. Here are a handful of healthy snacks which you can use when you need a fast pick me up.
If you are looking for a quick snack, you can’t go completely wrong with a whole grain one. A mid-morning snack of whole grain bread together with some protein will maintain you until it’s time for the afternoon meal. When you have to have a fast treat on your way out the door, do not forget to look for whole grain chips, pretzels, and crackers. Make the shift from refined products including white bread to the healthier whole grain choices.
You don’t have to look far to locate a wide variety of healthy snacks that can be easily prepared. Being healthy doesnt have to be a battle-if you let it, it can be quite simple.
We hope you got benefit from reading it, now let’s go back to mathanga puli curry recipe. You can cook mathanga puli curry using 16 ingredients and 12 steps. Here is how you cook it.
The ingredients needed to prepare Mathanga puli curry:
- Get 1/2 kg of pumpkin.
- Get 1 of lemon size tamarind soaked in1/2 cup hot water.
- You need 1/4 tsp of Turmeric powder.
- Use as required of Salt.
- Take of Roasted and grounded.
- Use 1/2 cup of coconut grated.
- Take 1 tbsp of Coriander powder.
- Get 2 tbsp of red chilli powder.
- Provide 1 tsp of urad dal.
- Get 1 tsp of chana dal.
- Take 1 sprig of Curry leaf.
- Use 1 tsp of coconut oil.
- Take of For tempering.
- You need 1/2 tsp of mustard seeds.
- Prepare 2 of dried red chillies.
- Get 1 sprig of curry leaves.
Steps to make Mathanga puli curry:
- For roasting the masala for pulincurry, take a pan and heat it on a medium flame. Add a teaspoon of coconut oil.
- Add urad dal, chana dal, curry leaves and fry till the dals turn golden in colour.
- Add the grated coconut and roast it on a low flame till the coconut turns golden brown..
- To this add the coriander powder and then chilli powder. Roast it till raw smell of the powders go..
- Switch off the flame and let the mixture cools. Ground it into very fine paste. You can add water, while grinding.
- Meanwhile, add the chopped pumpkin into a pressure cooker with around 1/4 cup of water. To this add turmeric powder and salt required. Close the lid, cook the pumpkin when the pressure forms but before the whistle comes and switch it off.
- The pumpkin cooked will not be mushy in this stage. You can cook the pumpkin in open pot also.
- Transfer the cooked pumpkin to another pot. Extract the tamarind soaked and add it to the pumpkin.
- Allow it to boil and cook it on a medium flame for 10 minutes as the pumpkin absorbs the tamarind juice. Check whether salt is needed.
- Add the ground coconut masala to pumpkin curry and let it boil in a low flame for 2-3 minutes. Switch off the flame.
- For tempering heat coconut oil. Add the mustard seeds. As it splutters add red chillies and curry leaves. Pour this into the pumpkin pulincurry. Mix it well.
- Mathanga or Pumpkin pulincurry is ready to serve. Have it with hot rice.
If you find this Mathanga puli curry recipe useful please share it to your close friends or family, thank you and good luck.