Hey everyone, welcome to our recipe site, If you’re looking for recipes idea to cook today, look no further! We provide you only the best Chicken Curry – Sri Lankan recipe here. We also have wide variety of recipes to try.
Before you jump to Chicken Curry – Sri Lankan recipe, you may want to read this short interesting healthy tips about Healthy Eating Can Be An Easy Thing To Follow.
Choosing to eat healthily provides incredible benefits and is becoming a more popular way of life. The overall economy is affected by the number of individuals who are dealing with health conditions such as high blood pressure, which is directly associated with poor eating habits. There are more and more efforts to try to get people to follow a healthier way of living and nonetheless it is also easier than ever to rely on fast, convenient food that is often bad for our health. People typically assume that healthy diets require a great deal of work and will significantly change the way they live and eat. It is possible, though, to make several simple changes that can start to make a difference to our everyday eating habits.
One initial thing you can do is to pay close attention to the choices you make when you’re shopping as you most likely choose lots of food items out of habit. For instance, have you ever checked how much sugar and salt are in your favorite cereal? One wholesome option that can give you a positive start to your day is oatmeal. By putting in fresh fruit, you can give your oatmeal a better flavor and, before you know it, you will have made a healthy change to your diet.
All in all, it is easy to begin to make healthy eating a part of your daily lifestyle.
We hope you got benefit from reading it, now let’s go back to chicken curry – sri lankan recipe. To cook chicken curry – sri lankan you need 19 ingredients and 11 steps. Here is how you cook that.
The ingredients needed to make Chicken Curry – Sri Lankan:
- Prepare 2 Tablespoons of Olive Oil / Oil.
- Get 6 of Curry Leaves.
- Get 1 inch of Cinnamon stick , 1.
- Use 1/2 Teaspoon of Fenugreek.
- Prepare 1 Teaspoon of Urad dhal.
- Provide 5 of Cloves.
- Use 5 of Cardamom.
- Take 1 of onion Large , sliced.
- Prepare 5 Cloves of Garlic , diced small.
- Get 1 Teaspoon of Ginger , diced small.
- You need 2 of Green chillies , sliced.
- Prepare 1/2 Teaspoon of Salt.
- You need 1 Teaspoon of Tumeric.
- You need 3 Teaspoons of Corriander powder.
- Prepare 2 Teaspoons of Cumin powder.
- Get 2 Teaspoons of Red Chilli powder.
- You need 10 of Chicken drumsticks , , skin removed (450 grams).
- Get 3 of tomatoes Medium , chopped.
- Get 2 Cups of water Warm.
Steps to make Chicken Curry – Sri Lankan:
- Heat the oil in a large pot..
- Add the curry leaves, fenugreek seeds, urad dhal, cinnamon stick, cloves and the cardamom. Stir these in the oil till the fenugreek seeds turns darker in color. (Do not burn).
- Add the sliced onions, chopped garlic and chopped ginger to the pot and stir. Stir occasionally so that the ingredients don't burn till the onions start to brown..
- Add the green chillies and stir for about 30 seconds..
- Turn the heat to the lowest setting so that spice do not get burnt and then add them. If they do, it will cause a strong smell and may initiate coughing. Add salt, tumeric, cumin, corriander and chilli powder. Increase the heat to medium and stir quickly..
- When the onions are coated well with the spices add the chicken drumsticks. Stir so that all the pieces are coated well with the spices..
- Add the tomatoes and stir. The tomatoes will start to cook and let out the juices. Cook with the chicken for about 3-4 mins..
- Add 2 cups of water if you want a thin gravy, 1.5 cups of water for a thicker gravy. Stir all the ingredients well so that the spices at the bottom is mixed with the water..
- Cover and let it boil for 20 mins..
- In 20 mins check the taste of the gravy for desired spiciness. Add more spices if needed. I find the proportions mentioned works for 10 drumsticks. For a thicker gravy, let it boil more uncovered. Be careful not to overcook the chicken..
- Enjoy with your favorite carbs – bread, roti or rice. Or use this to make kothu roti!.
If you find this Chicken Curry – Sri Lankan recipe useful please share it to your good friends or family, thank you and good luck.