Hey everyone, welcome to our recipe page, If you’re looking for recipes idea to cook today, look no further! We provide you only the perfect Lentil and tomato curry, Indian style recipe here. We also have wide variety of recipes to try.
Before you jump to Lentil and tomato curry, Indian style recipe, you may want to read this short interesting healthy tips about Healthy Eating Can Be An Easy Thing To Follow.
The benefits of healthy eating are nowadays being given more publicity than ever before and there are a number of reasons for this. The overall economy is impacted by the number of individuals who suffer from health problems such as hypertension, which is directly linked to poor eating habits. While we’re constantly being advised to stick with healthy eating habits, it is also easier than ever to rely on fast food and other convenience items that are not good for us. It is likely that many people believe it will take so much effort to eat a healthy diet or that they have to make a large scale change to their way of life. In reality, though, merely making a few small changes can positively impact everyday eating habits.
These more nutritious food options can be applied to other foods such as your cooking oils. Olive oil, for example, has monounsaturated fats which are known as the good fats that counter the effects of bad cholesterol. It can also be good for your skin since it is a superb source of vitamin E. Although you may already consume a lot of fruits and veggies, you may want to consider how fresh they are. If you choose organic foods, you can avoid the problem of ingesting crops that may have been sprayed with harmful pesticides. You can ensure that you’re getting the most nutritional benefits from your fresh produce if you can locate a local supplier because you will be able to get the fruit when it is the freshest and ripest.
As you can see, it’s not at all difficult to start incorporating healthy eating into your daily routine.
We hope you got insight from reading it, now let’s go back to lentil and tomato curry, indian style recipe. To make lentil and tomato curry, indian style you only need 14 ingredients and 7 steps. Here is how you achieve that.
The ingredients needed to make Lentil and tomato curry, Indian style:
- Provide 1/2 can of lentils.
- Provide 1/2 can of diced tomatoes.
- Take 1 of small onion, sliced.
- Get 1 tbs of finely minced ginger.
- Take 1 tbs of finely minced garlic.
- Prepare 1 tsp of coriander seeds.
- You need 1/2 tsp of cumin seeds.
- Provide 1/2 tsp of yellow mustard seeds.
- Get 1 of bay leaf (optional).
- Get 2 tbs of garam masala powder.
- Provide 2 tbs of cooking cream.
- Prepare 1 tsp of sugar (I used coconut sugar).
- Take 1 tbs of oil (I used coconut).
- Provide to taste of Salt and pepper,.
Instructions to make Lentil and tomato curry, Indian style:
- In a large frying pan, heat oil over medium heat. Add in the coriander, cumin, and mustard seeds. Fry until fragrant, about 30 seconds or so..
- Reduce heat to low-medium and add in the garlic, ginger, and onions, being careful not to burn the garlic and ginger..
- Cook onions until soft and translucent, stirring frequently to avoid burning the spices and aromatics..
- Add in lentils and tomatoes, stir everything together, then turn heat back to medium. Add in garam masala powder, bay leaf, sugar, and mix well. Season with salt and pepper to taste..
- Stirring occasionally, simmer until reduced to preferred consistency (I like it more like a stew and not so liquid)..
- Add in cream, then reduce once again to preferred consistency..
- Remove from heat and serve..
If you find this Lentil and tomato curry, Indian style recipe helpful please share it to your friends or family, thank you and good luck.