Hey everyone, welcome to our recipe page, If you’re looking for new recipes to try this weekend, look no further! We provide you only the perfect Illish Maach/Hilsa Fish Curry recipe here. We also have wide variety of recipes to try.
Before you jump to Illish Maach/Hilsa Fish Curry recipe, you may want to read this short interesting healthy tips about Healthy Eating Doesn’t Need To Be Difficult.
The benefits of healthy eating are today being given more attention than ever before and there are good reasons for this. Poor diet is a leading factor in health problems such as heart disease and high blood pressure which can put a drain on the economy. No matter where you look, people are encouraging you to live a more healthy way of life but but then, you are also being encouraged to rely on fast foods that can affect your health in a damaging way. In all likelihood, a lot of people believe that it takes too much work to eat healthily and that they will have to drastically alter their way of life. It is possible, though, to make several minor changes that can start to make a positive impact to our everyday eating habits.
These changes are possible with all sorts of foods and can apply to the oils you cook in and the spread you use on bread. Olive oil, for instance, is loaded with monounsaturated fats which are basically good fats that counter the effects of bad cholesterol. Olive oil can also be healthy for your skin since it is a great source of vitamin E. It may be that you already feel that you consume fruit and veggies but it can be worthwhile considering how fresh these are depending on where you get these. If you go for organic foods, you can avoid the problem of ingesting crops that may have been sprayed with harmful pesticides. You can ensure that you’re getting the most nutritional benefits from your fresh produce if you can find a local supplier since you will be able to get the fruit when it is the freshest and ripest.
As you can see, it’s not hard to start incorporating healthy eating into your life.
We hope you got benefit from reading it, now let’s go back to illish maach/hilsa fish curry recipe. To cook illish maach/hilsa fish curry you need 7 ingredients and 14 steps. Here is how you do it.
The ingredients needed to prepare Illish Maach/Hilsa Fish Curry:
- Take 300 grams of Hilsa (Illish maach).
- Take 1/2 cup of Mustard Oil.
- Provide 1.5 – 2 tsps of Turmeric Powder.
- Use to taste of Salt.
- You need 3/4 tsp of Seeds Nigella (Kalonji/Kalo-jeere).
- Get 4 of Green chillies , slit.
- Get 2 cups of Water.
Instructions to make Illish Maach/Hilsa Fish Curry:
- 300 grams of Hilsa will yield about 4-5 pieces. Marinate the fish with a pinch of salt and turmeric powder..
- Meanwhile, heat mustard old in a kadhai/wok. Carefully add in the fish pieces, one by one..
- You might want to fry them in batches, to ensure that the wok doesn't become over-crowded..
- Reduce the heat to medium high. Turn the pieces over. Fry for 4-5 minutes, till both the sides turn golden in colour..
- Remove the pieces from the wok, and set aside..
- To the oil, add in the nigella seeds. Let them splutter. Also add in one green chilli..
- Carefully places the fish pieces back into the wok. Pour in 1 cup of water. Add salt and the rest of the turmeric powder..
- Bring to a boil. The water should have turned into a yellow-orangish colour..
- Thrown in the green chillies. Turn the fish over carefully..
- Add more water if required..
- Reduce the flame to low, and cook for another 3-4 minutes..
- The gravy will be very light, translucent, and golden..
- Boil it till it doesn't taste watery. Adjust salt..
- Serve hot, and pair with plain white rice..
If you find this Illish Maach/Hilsa Fish Curry recipe useful please share it to your close friends or family, thank you and good luck.