Hello everybody, welcome to our recipe site, if you’re looking for Dhokar Dalna (Bengali Lentil Cake curry) recipe, look no further! We provide you only the best Dhokar Dalna (Bengali Lentil Cake curry) recipe here. We also have wide variety of recipes to try.
Before you jump to Dhokar Dalna (Bengali Lentil Cake curry) recipe, you may want to read this short interesting healthy tips about Energy Raising Snacks.
Eating healthy foods makes all the difference in how we feel. Whenever we eat more healthy snacks and a lesser amount of of the unhealthy ones we generally feel much better. A piece of pizza does not make you feel as healthy as ingesting a fresh green salad. Choosing healthier food choices can be difficult when it is snack time. You can spend several hours at the grocery store searching for an ideal snack foods to make you feel healthy. There’s nothing like one of these healthy foods when you need an energy-boosting snack food.
Eating almonds is a fantastic choice as long as you do not have a nut allergy. As an all-in-one vitality booster, almonds offer many health advantages. These types of nuts have lots of vitamins E, B2, and manganese. Tryptophan, an enzyme also contained in turkey which induces drowsiness, is available in almonds. Nevertheless, you won’t need a nap after eating and enjoying almonds. Rather they will merely help your muscles and gastrointestinal system relax while also helping you feel less burned out. Sometimes eating almonds can even be a mood enhancer!
You don’t have to look far to discover a wide range of healthy snacks that can be easily prepared. Determining to live a healthy lifestyle can be as easy as you want it to be.
We hope you got insight from reading it, now let’s go back to dhokar dalna (bengali lentil cake curry) recipe. You can have dhokar dalna (bengali lentil cake curry) using 25 ingredients and 17 steps. Here is how you cook it.
The ingredients needed to prepare Dhokar Dalna (Bengali Lentil Cake curry):
- Take of To make Dhoka (Lentil Cake),.
- Get ½ cup of · Chana Dal soaked overnight into water.
- You need · 2-3 of green chillies.
- Take · 2 coins (10 gm) of ginger.
- Prepare · ½ tbsp of . Oil.
- Prepare to taste of · Salt and Sugar.
- Get of Tempering for Dhoka:.
- Use ⅛ tsp of Onion seeds.
- Get · ¼ tsp of Cumin seeds.
- Take · 4-5 pinches of Hing (Asafoetida).
- Use of For curry:.
- Use · 2 of Potatoes cut into cube.
- You need · ¼ cup of chopped Tomatoes.
- Get · 1 tsp of ground cumin.
- Get · ½ tsp of hot red chilli powder.
- Provide · ½ tsp of Kashmiri red chilli powder.
- Prepare · ¼ tsp of Turmeric powder.
- Prepare · 1 ½ tsp of Ginger paste.
- Get 2 tbsp. of Mustard oil.
- Prepare ¼ tsp of ·Sugar.
- Take to taste of · Salt.
- Use of Tempering for Curry:.
- You need 2 of small leaves or 1 big Bay leaf.
- Take ¼ tsp of · Cumin seeds.
- Use · ⅛ tsp of Asafoetida.
Instructions to make Dhokar Dalna (Bengali Lentil Cake curry):
- This recipe has two parts: I. Make Dhoka or Lentil cakes II. Prepare gravy First step: make Dhoka or Lentil cakes. Wash and rinse the lentil for 2-3 times, then soak into the water for overnight..
- Rinse the lentil again, then transfer it into a blending jar, add ginger, green chilli and little bit water, blend everything together to make a thick paste..
- Heat oil in a heavy duty pan or in a Dutch oven over medium heat, add all tempering for Dhoka, give a stir and wait for few seconds to release flavour from whole spices..
- Add the lentil paste to it, over medium low heat cook for 1-2 minutes to evaporate the moisture and make thick dough..
- Transfer the mixture on a greased plate, let it cool and cut into diamond or square shapes..
- Heat some oil in a pot for deep frying, add 3-4 Dhoka at a time and over medium heat fry them until they develop a golden brown colour. Then with a slotted spoon remove from oil. Like this way keep working on the rest. (Refer the note below how do you prep ahead for your party).
- Second part: make curry Place potatoes on a plate in a single layer and put it into the microwave for 2-3 minutes to tender the potatoes. Let them cool..
- In a bowl add cumin powder, turmeric, both type of chilli powder, a little bit of water and make a paste..
- Heat oil in a Dutch oven, add potatoes, sprinkle some salt and turmeric powder and over medium heat fry them for 2 minutes, when they develop a golden colour, remove from oil..
- Add tempering for curry in the rest of the oil, stir for few seconds and then add chopped tomatoes, when tomatoes are softened add ginger paste, spice paste, salt and sugar..
- Add about ¼ cup of water and over medium heat cook the mixture until oil is releasing from the mixture..
- Add fried potatoes and give a gentle stir to mix the spice mixture to all side of potatoes..
- Add water, give a stir to mix everything well and let it come to a rolling boil. (Refer the note below how do you prep ahead for your party).
- Add Dhoka pieces to the gravy, reduce the temperature, cover with the lid and let it simmer for about 3-4 minutes so that Dhoka pieces can absorb some gravy and gravy become a little bit thick..
- If you wish you can add about a tsp of ghee and sprinkle some Sahi Garam masala on the top. Turn off the heat; give 10 minutes standing time before serve..
- Note: If you are making for a party, you can make Dhoka and it's gravy separately one day before. a) After frying Dhoka (Step# 6), when it's cool, keep in a zip lock bag. You can keep this in room temperature (on your kitchen counter) and you don’t need to keep in the refrigerator. b) Make the gravy beforehand but don’t add Dhoka in the gravy. After preparing gravy (Step # 13) let it simmer for 2-3 minutes and then remove from heat. When it's cool, transfer in a bowl and keeps in the.
- Enjoy Dhokar Dalna with steamed Basmati rice or your favourite Pulao..
If you find this Dhokar Dalna (Bengali Lentil Cake curry) recipe valuable please share it to your good friends or family, thank you and good luck.