Hello everybody, welcome to my recipe site, If you’re looking for new recipes to try this weekend, look no further! We provide you only the best Spicy Shrimp and Potatoes recipe here. We also have wide variety of recipes to try.
Before you jump to Spicy Shrimp and Potatoes recipe, you may want to read this short interesting healthy tips about Snacks that provide You Power.
We are all aware that having healthy snacks can help us really feel better inside our bodies. Whenever we eat more healthy foods and a smaller amount of the detrimental ones we typically feel much better. A piece of pizza will not have you feeling as healthy as eating a fresh green salad. Sometimes it’s hard to find healthy foods for snacks between meals. You can spend hours at the food market searching for the perfect snack foods to allow you to feel healthy. Here are a few healthy snacks that you can use when you need an instant pick me up.
For anybody who is not hypersensitive to nuts, try consuming some almonds! Almonds are usually considered a super food because they are packed full of things that help boost our vitality while keeping us healthy. Almonds can be a natural source of B vitamins as well as other vitamins and minerals. Tryptophan, an enzyme also contained in turkey that triggers drowsiness, is available in almonds. But whenever you eat almonds, you won’t feel like you should sleep a while. Alternatively they will just help your muscles and digestive system relax while also helping you feel less frustrated. Occasionally eating almonds can even be a mood booster!
There are lots of healthy snacks you can choose that do not involve a lot of preparation or searching. When you make the determination to be healthy, it’s simple to find just what you need to be successful at it.
We hope you got benefit from reading it, now let’s go back to spicy shrimp and potatoes recipe. You can have spicy shrimp and potatoes using 18 ingredients and 12 steps. Here is how you do that.
The ingredients needed to make Spicy Shrimp and Potatoes:
- Take 1 lb of shrimp Ingredients: peeled raw medium size (fresh or frozen).
- Prepare 1 tbsp of coconut oil (or olive oil).
- Provide 1 tsp of mustard seeds.
- You need 1 of onion medium size red – chopped fine.
- Use 1 of tomato medium size ripe.
- You need 1 tsp of ginger fresh –chopped finely.
- Use 1 tsp of garlic fresh – chopped finely.
- Provide 2 of green chillies fresh –slit length-wise.
- Provide a sprig of curry leaves (3 or 4 leaves) fresh.
- Provide 1 small 1/2 inch of potato small – peeled and cut into cubes.
- Use 1 tsp of salt.
- Provide ½ tsp of red chilli powder (use 1/4 tsp if you would like it mild).
- Prepare ¼ tsp or a pinch of turmeric of powder.
- Provide 1 tsp of coriander powder.
- Prepare 1/2 cup of water of.
- Use ½ tsp of garam masala powder.
- Get ¼ tsp of fennel powder(optional).
- Take of cilantro fresh leaves for garnish (optional).
Steps to make Spicy Shrimp and Potatoes:
- De-vein the shrimp and wash it well in cold water and dab it dry..
- Heat a kadai or a wok style pan and add the oil..
- When the oil gets hot (about 2 minutes), add mustard seeds..
- As the mustard seeds start to splutter, add the red onions and sauté them in high heat continuously stirring them in the pan so as not to burn them..
- As the onions turn soft and golden brown, add the minced garlic, ginger, green chillies and the curry leaves..
- Turn heat to medium and stir for a bout a minute..
- Now add the chopped tomatoes and salt and continue to stir until the tomatoes turn soft (about 3 to 4 mins).
- Next add the red chilli powder, the turmeric powder, the coriander powder and the garam masala powder. Stir continually and add a spoonful of water so that these spices don’t burn. Stir for about 30 seconds till the spices get roasted well..
- Now add the potatoes and cover and cook for about 2-3 minutes till the potatoes are about half-cooked. Then add the shrimp and again stir well so that shrimp get nicely coated with all the spices. Cover with a lid and cook for about 5 minutes..
- Now open the lid and add the 1/2 cup of water and again cover and cook for about 2-3 minutes till the potatoes are cooked..
- Finally, add the fennel powder and garam masala (if adding) and stir and turn the heat off. Garnish with fresh and finely chopped cilantro leaves..
- Serve hot with plain rice and daal..
If you find this Spicy Shrimp and Potatoes recipe helpful please share it to your friends or family, thank you and good luck.