Hello everybody, welcome to our recipe page, looking for the perfect Katsu Curry recipe? look no further! We provide you only the perfect Katsu Curry recipe here. We also have wide variety of recipes to try.
Before you jump to Katsu Curry recipe, you may want to read this short interesting healthy tips about Healthy Eating Doesn’t Need To Be A Chore.
Opting to eat healthily provides marvelous benefits and is becoming a more popular way of living. Poor diet is a contributing factor in health problems such as heart disease and high blood pressure which can put a drain on the economy. There are more and more efforts to try to get us to follow a more healthy lifestyle and still it is also easier than ever to rely on fast, convenient food that is often bad for our health. In all likelihood, a lot of people think that it takes a lot of work to eat healthily and that they will need to drastically alter their lifestyle. It is possible, however, to make some minor changes that can start to make a positive impact to our daily eating habits.
The first change you can make is to pay more attention to what you buy when you do your food shopping as it is likely that you are inclined to pick up many of the things without thinking. For instance, did you ever think to check how much sugar and salt are in your breakfast cereal? A superb healthy alternative can be porridge oats which have been shown to be good for your heart and can give you good sustainable energy at the start of the day. Add fruits or spices to enhance the flavor and now you have a breakfast that can be a usual part of your new healthy diet.
As you can see, it is easy to begin to make healthy eating a regular part of your daily lifestyle.
We hope you got insight from reading it, now let’s go back to katsu curry recipe. To make katsu curry you need 21 ingredients and 9 steps. Here is how you do it.
The ingredients needed to make Katsu Curry:
- Take 1 of large aubergine.
- Prepare 1 of large sweet potato.
- Get 1 of egg.
- Get 1/2 cup of plain flour.
- Use of Salt and pepper.
- Provide of Sesame seeds.
- Use 100 g of Panko breadcrumbs.
- Take of Oil for shallow frying.
- Provide of For the curry:.
- You need of Vegetable oil.
- You need 1 of large onion.
- You need 4 of large garlic cloves.
- Take 1 tablespoon of grated ginger.
- Take 1 of large carrot.
- You need 1 of small apple.
- Get 1 tablespoon of white miso paste.
- Provide 4 tablespoons of curry powder.
- Prepare 2 teaspoons of white wine or rice vinegar.
- You need 1 teaspoon of garam masala.
- Provide 2 tablespoons of soy sauce.
- Use 1 tablespoon of Worcestershire sauce.
Instructions to make Katsu Curry:
- Sauté onions and garlic in a little vegetable oil..
- Add the ginger, carrots, apple curry powder and garam masala. Stir and fry for a couple more minutes..
- Add the music paste to a cup of hot water and mix into the pan..
- Simmer for 15 minutes, then blend with a hand blender until a smooth sauce. Add the soy, vinegar and Worcestershire sauce. If the sauce is too thick add a little more water..
- Cover the bottom of a frying pan with the oil and heat it up so it's nice and hot..
- Cover a slice of sweet potato/ aubergine with flour, then dip into the beaten egg and then cover completely with the seed and breadcrumb mix. Add to the pan and repeat. Fry each slice until golden brown on both sides..
- Slice the sweet potato and aubergine into 0.5 cm thick slices..
- Season the flour and add to a large plate. Put breadcrumbs and sesame seeds onto another plate. Beat the egg and put it nearby..
- Serve with rice and/or a simple salad..
If you find this Katsu Curry recipe useful please share it to your close friends or family, thank you and good luck.