Hey everyone, welcome to our recipe page, If you’re looking for recipes idea to cook today, look no further! We provide you only the perfect Kerala style vegetable stew recipe here. We also have wide variety of recipes to try.
Before you jump to Kerala style vegetable stew recipe, you may want to read this short interesting healthy tips about Healthy Eating Can Be An Easy Thing To Follow.
The benefits of healthy eating are these days being given more publicity than ever before and there are a number of reasons why this is so. There are numerous illnesses linked with a poor diet and there is a cost to the overall economy as people suffer from health problems such as heart disease and hypertension. There are more and more efforts to try to get people to follow a healthier way of living and still it is also easier than ever to rely on fast, convenient food that is often bad for our health. People typically believe that healthy diets require a great deal of work and will significantly alter how they live and eat. In reality, though, merely making a few modest changes can positively impact everyday eating habits.
Initially, you must be extremely careful when food shopping that you don’t unthinkingly put things in your basket that you don’t want to eat. As an example, if you have a bowl of cereal for breakfast, do you ever check to see what the sugar and salt content is before purchasing? One nutritious substitute that can give you a great start to your day is oatmeal. Add fruits or spices to improve the flavor and now you have a breakfast that can be a normal part of your new healthy eating regimen.
Obviously, it’s not at all difficult to begin incorporating healthy eating into your daily routine.
We hope you got insight from reading it, now let’s go back to kerala style vegetable stew recipe. You can cook kerala style vegetable stew using 18 ingredients and 8 steps. Here is how you do it.
The ingredients needed to cook Kerala style vegetable stew:
- Prepare 15-18 of South Indian onions.
- You need 1 cup of diced carrots.
- Prepare 1 cup of cauliflower florets.
- You need 1/2 cup of chopped french beans.
- Provide 1/2 tsp of garlic paste.
- Provide 1 tbsp of ginger Julien.
- Use 1 tsp of mustard seeds.
- Take 7-8 of curry leaves.
- You need 1 tbsp of black pepper powder.
- Take 2 of cloves.
- Get 1 of small stick cinnamon.
- Prepare 3 of green chillies slit.
- Get 2 tbsp of coconut oil.
- Use 400 ml of first press coconut milk.
- Prepare 500 ml of second & third press milk.
- Prepare 200 ml of water.
- Get 1 tbsp of tamarind pulp.
- Provide to taste of Salt.
Instructions to make Kerala style vegetable stew:
- In a pan take coconut oil, once the oil heats up, add clove & cinnamon and let it release the flavour for 30sec, then add mustard seeds and temper it for another 20 seconds..
- Then add slit green chillies and curry leaves and alow it to temper for 30seconds. Then add ginger juliens and garlic paste and cook it for a minute.
- Then add sliced south Indian onions and cook them for 2 minutes..
- Then add all 3 vegetables and mix well, add salt and cover it and cook it for another 8 minutes..
- Then remove the lid, add the second and third press of coconut milk, water and mix well, again cover it and cook it for another 10 minutes..
- Then remove the lid, add tamarind pulp and mix well and cook it for another 2 minutes..
- Finally add the first press of coconut milk, black pepper and mix well, cook it for another 5 minutes and switch off the flame and serve hot with appam or steamed rice..
- For coconut milk first press, take fresh coconut in a mixture jar, add very little water and grind it into fine paste like mixture, then take the mixture in a muslin cloth and squeeze out the milk from it. Then again put the squeezed coconut remains in a mixture jar, add water and make a paste. Then again squeeze out the milk and again add water to the remaining coconut mixture and grind it nicely. Squeeze out the final milk from the mixture and the coconut milk is ready..
If you find this Kerala style vegetable stew recipe useful please share it to your friends or family, thank you and good luck.