Hello everybody, welcome to my recipe page, If you’re looking for new recipes to try this weekend, look no further! We provide you only the perfect Chicken Katsu Curry recipe here. We also have wide variety of recipes to try.
Before you jump to Chicken Katsu Curry recipe, you may want to read this short interesting healthy tips about Make Healthy Eating A Part of Your Daily Life.
Deciding to eat healthily offers marvelous benefits and is becoming a more popular way of living. Poor diet is one factor in health conditions such as heart disease and high blood pressure which can place a drain on the economy. Although we’re constantly being advised to follow healthy eating habits, it is also easier than ever to depend on fast food and other convenience items that are not healthy for us. In all likelihood, a lot of people think that it takes too much work to eat healthily and that they will have to drastically change their lifestyle. Contrary to that information, individuals can alter their eating habits for the better by implementing a few small changes.
You can get results without eliminating foods from your diet or make substantial changes right away. It’s not a bad idea if you want to make considerable changes, but the most crucial thing is to step by step switch to making healthier eating selections. Eventually, you will find that you actually prefer to ingest healthy foods after you have eaten that way for some time. As you stick to your habit of eating healthier foods, you will see that you will not wish to eat the old diet.
Hence, it should be somewhat obvious that it’s not difficult to add healthy eating to your life.
We hope you got insight from reading it, now let’s go back to chicken katsu curry recipe. You can cook chicken katsu curry using 16 ingredients and 11 steps. Here is how you cook it.
The ingredients needed to make Chicken Katsu Curry:
- Use of Chicken Katsu.
- You need 2 of Chicken Breasts (pounded until thin).
- Provide 1 of Egg.
- Use 1/2 cup of Flour.
- Provide 3/4 cup of Japanese Panko-Style Breadcrumbs.
- Provide 1 of Salt and Pepper.
- Take 1 cup of Cooking Oil (for frying).
- Provide of Curry.
- Use 1/2 packages of Vermont Mild Japanese Curry Sauce (comes with two curry sauce cubes in a package).
- You need 2 large of Potatoes (or 3 medium potatoes).
- Provide 1 large of White Onion.
- Use 2 medium of Carrots.
- Take 3 clove of Minced Garlic (optional).
- Prepare 2 cup of Water.
- Take 2 of Scallions (for garnish).
- Take 3 tbsp of Vegetable Oil.
Instructions to make Chicken Katsu Curry:
- For the curry, peel (optional) and cut up potatoes into wedges. Dice the onion. Peel and chop up the carrots. Mince the garlic..
- In a stewing pot, add oil and garlic in the pot and heat up the garlic and oil at the same time to infuse garlic taste..
- When the garlic starts to turn a golden color, add in diced onion and cook until onion is translucent..
- When the onion starts to take on a little color, add in potatoes, carrots, and water. Bring to a boil..
- When the soup comes to a boil, turn down the heat and leave it to simmer for about 30 minutes our until the potatoes are knife-tender..
- After the potatoes become tender, break up the curry cubes and add to the pot of veggies. Turn down the heat to low and stir the curry into the soup to thicken. Stirring occasionally for about 20 minutes. (I'm using Vermont brand curry sauce, but you can definitely use any other curry sauce recipe you like).
- While the curry is thickening, start pounding both chicken breasts flat with either the smooth side of a meat tenderizer, a rolling pin, or the palm of your hands! (Great stress reliever)..
- Season the chicken on both sides with salt and pepper..
- Separate the flour, egg (cracked and beaten), and panko in three different shallow plates. Start dredging and chicken. Toss the chicken in the flour until coated, shake off any excess flour, and soak in the beaten egg until covered. Pick up the chicken and then toss the chicken in the bread crumbs, pressing the crumbs into the chicken. Repeat with other chicken breast let the chicken rest while the oil is heating..
- Heat the oil in a high-side pan on medium heat. To tell if the oil is ready, drop a bread crumb into the oil and watch for a light crackle sound. Drop the chicken in the oil and cook for 3 minutes on each side. Drain on paper towels and slice into strips..
- Serve your curry on a bed of fluffy rice and top with crispy chicken and sliced scallions. Voila!.
If you find this Chicken Katsu Curry recipe valuable please share it to your good friends or family, thank you and good luck.