Hello everybody, welcome to our recipe site, If you’re looking for new recipes to try this weekend, look no further! We provide you only the perfect Spicy "Baingan-ka-Bhartha"Brinjal Curry recipe here. We also have wide variety of recipes to try.
Before you jump to Spicy "Baingan-ka-Bhartha"Brinjal Curry recipe, you may want to read this short interesting healthy tips about Healthy Energy Snacks.
We are all aware that having healthy snacks can help us feel better within our bodies. Increasing our consumption of well balanced meals while reducing the intake of unhealthy ones contributes to a more balanced feeling. A salad tends to make us feel a lot better than a piece of pizza (physically in any case). This is usually a problem, nevertheless, with regards to eating between goodies. Finding goodies that help us feel better and boost our levels of energy often involves lots of shopping and scrupulous reading of labels. Here are a handful of healthy snacks that you can use when you need a fast pick me up.
Eating almonds is a fantastic alternative as long as you don’t possess a nut allergy. Almonds offer a multitude of health benefits and are an excellent choice when you need a shot of energy. These kinds of nuts have plenty of vitamins E, B2, and manganese. Tryptophan, an enzyme also found in turkey that triggers drowsiness, is found in almonds. Nevertheless, you will not need a nap after eating and enjoying almonds. Alternatively, these nuts help in lowering stress and provide a soothing feeling throughout your body. Almonds frequently give you a general increased feeling of well-being.
A large variety of quick health snacks is easily accessible. Choosing to live a healthy lifestyle can be as easy as you want it to be.
We hope you got benefit from reading it, now let’s go back to spicy "baingan-ka-bhartha"brinjal curry recipe. You can have spicy "baingan-ka-bhartha"brinjal curry using 14 ingredients and 22 steps. Here is how you achieve that.
The ingredients needed to cook Spicy "Baingan-ka-Bhartha"Brinjal Curry:
- Use 2 of Mid sized Brinjals.
- Take 6 of Tomatoes.
- You need 2 of Big Lemons.
- Use 2 of Onions.
- Get of Green Chilis.
- Use of Ginger (Optional if you use Ginger Garlic Paste in the mix).
- You need of "Masalas" Condiments :.
- Take of Tumeric (Haldi).
- Use of Ginger-Garlic Paste.
- You need of Garam Masala (chilli powder).
- Use of White Vinegar.
- Take of Paprika Powder (if you have some).
- Prepare of Oil (little to do a "Bhigar") in the beginning.
- Get of Add more oil later – when all the vegetables are half cooked.
Steps to make Spicy "Baingan-ka-Bhartha"Brinjal Curry:
- First wash the two Brinjals and poke them all over with a deep fork – smear them with oil – leave them for an hour or so.
- With a sharp knife "Score" each of the Brinjals into six sections – just cutting through the skin – not into the Brinjal.
- Burn the skin of the Brinjals on the open fire (keep turning them with a pair of tongs) till the skin is almost all wrinkled and blackish.
- Remove the green cap and the stem attached to it.
- Cut the slieces six per Brinjal along the scored places.
- Cool the Brinjals and sprinkle a little paprika onto the pulpy inside of each slice – and put them aside till later.
- Use a Pressure Cooker for a quick cook-up – or a normal big pot.
- Take a pinch of each Masala and lightly "burn" with a tablespoon of oil.
- With a wooden spoon keep mixing the 'Masalas' in the dish – till you get a good smell of the mix (don't worry if it all sticks to the bottom of the dish – keep scraping it off gently) This is called the "Bhigar"!.
- Add the chopped/diced Onions in the 'masala-mix' for 2-3 minutes – till slightly brown.
- Put the pre-chopped Tomatoes into the dish and swirl it all around.
- Add another pinch or two of Salt & Sugar – mix on a low heat for 2-3 minutes.
- Squeeze some lemon – and add chopped green chillies – into the mix – sprinkle a tea-spoonful of white vinegar into the mix.
- Add half a cup of water & put the lid on the pressure cooker.
- Heat for 5 minutes – for the first hiss – switch off the heat.
- Wait for it all to cool – remove the whistle slowly – take off the lid.
- Add a table-spoonful of Imli (Tamarind) Paste if you like it to have a "sour-ish" flavour.
- Add the Brinjals into the mix (add one half cup more of water- if you want to have a "liquidy"curry)! Some prefer a "pastey" consistency.
- Put the lid back on – and cook till the second hiss 10 minutes or so.
- Your 'Baingan-Ka-Bharta' is ready.
- Serve with Yogurt and Chapatis or White Rice..
- Adding pickles/salt to taste ENJOY!.
If you find this Spicy "Baingan-ka-Bhartha"Brinjal Curry recipe valuable please share it to your close friends or family, thank you and good luck.