Hey everyone, welcome to our recipe site, looking for the perfect Goan-style Fish Curry recipe? look no further! We provide you only the perfect Goan-style Fish Curry recipe here. We also have wide variety of recipes to try.
Before you jump to Goan-style Fish Curry recipe, you may want to read this short interesting healthy tips about Energy Raising Snack foods.
Eating healthy foods tends to make all the difference in how we feel. Whenever we eat more healthy snacks and a lesser amount of of the unhealthy ones we typically feel much better. A salad tends to make us feel much better than a piece of pizza (physically in any case). Deciding on healthier food choices can be difficult if it is snack time. Finding snacks that help us feel better and increase our energy levels often involves lots of shopping and painstaking reading of labels. There’s nothing like one of these healthy foods when you need an energy-boosting treat.
If you might be looking for a fast snack, you can’t go completely wrong with a whole grain one. A slice of whole wheat toast, for instance is a great snack in the morning hours. Chips and crackers made from whole grains can be great for quick treats to eat on the go. Whole grains are usually better than highly processed grains present in white bread.
A large variety of quick health snacks is easily accessible. When you make the choice to be healthy, it’s uncomplicated to find just what you need to be successful at it.
We hope you got insight from reading it, now let’s go back to goan-style fish curry recipe. You can cook goan-style fish curry using 16 ingredients and 4 steps. Here is how you achieve it.
The ingredients needed to cook Goan-style Fish Curry:
- Prepare 4 tsp of coriander seeds.
- Provide 1 tsp of cumin seeds.
- You need 1 of green chilli, thinly sliced.
- Prepare 1 of red chilli, thinly sliced.
- Take 2 cm of sq (¾in) piece root ginger, peeled and grated.
- Use 2 of garlic cloves, crushed.
- Take 1 tsp of turmeric.
- Provide 2 tbsp of sunflower or rapeseed oil.
- Provide 1 of onion, finely chopped.
- Get 1 of large fresh or tinned tomato, finely chopped.
- Use 1 of x 400ml tin coconut milk.
- Use 1 tbsp of palm sugar (or soft light-brown sugar).
- Prepare 2 tsp of tamarind paste, or juice of half a lemon.
- Use 300 g (1 lb) of 2oz) firm white fish fillets, skin removed and flesh cut into chunks about 3cm sq (1¼in).
- Use 6-8 of large prawns in their shells, cooked or raw.
- Take 2 tbsp of chopped coriander, or parsley, or the green tops of spring onion, to garnish.
Instructions to make Goan-style Fish Curry:
- Toast the coriander seeds, cumin and dried chillis in a dry frying-pan for about a minute. Crush in a pestle and mortar, then mix in the ginger, garlic, turmeric and 1 tsp salt..
- Heat the oil in a wok or frying pan over a medium heat, then add the onion and fry until soft and golden. Add the sliced chillies and cook for another minute..
- Add the coconut milk, sugar, tamarind or lemon juice and bring to just under the boil. Immediately turn down the heat and simmer for about five minutes, until the sauce has thickened slightly. Taste for seasoning..
- Season the fish with salt, then add it with the prawns to the sauce and simmer gently for about four minutes until the fish is cooked through and the prawns are bright pink. Check again for seasoning. Serve with basmati rice and garnish with herbs..
If you find this Goan-style Fish Curry recipe useful please share it to your good friends or family, thank you and good luck.