Hey everyone, welcome to our recipe page, If you’re looking for recipes idea to cook today, look no further! We provide you only the best Goan-style Fish Curry recipe here. We also have wide variety of recipes to try.
Before you jump to Goan-style Fish Curry recipe, you may want to read this short interesting healthy tips about Energy Boosting Snack foods.
We all know that having healthy snacks can help us feel better in our bodies. We tend to feel way less gross whenever we increase our consumption of healthy foods and lower our consumption of unhealthy foods. A salad tends to make us feel better than a piece of pizza (physically anyway). This can be a problem, however, when it comes to eating between goodies. Finding snacks that help us feel better and enhance our stamina often involves lots of shopping and painstaking reading of labels. There’s nothing like one of these brilliant healthy foods when you really need an energy-boosting snack.
If you are looking for a speedy snack, you can’t go drastically wrong with a whole grain one. A mid-morning snack of whole grain bread together with some protein will maintain you until it’s time for the afternoon meal. Eating on the run can be healthier with wholesome chips and crackers. Whole grains are usually better than refined grains included in white bread.
You will not have to look far to find a wide selection of healthy snacks that can be easily prepared. When you make the choice to be healthy, it’s uncomplicated to find just what you need to be successful at it.
We hope you got insight from reading it, now let’s go back to goan-style fish curry recipe. You can have goan-style fish curry using 16 ingredients and 4 steps. Here is how you achieve it.
The ingredients needed to make Goan-style Fish Curry:
- Provide 4 tsp of coriander seeds.
- Use 1 tsp of cumin seeds.
- Use 1 of green chilli, thinly sliced.
- Use 1 of red chilli, thinly sliced.
- You need 2 cm of sq (¾in) piece root ginger, peeled and grated.
- Get 2 of garlic cloves, crushed.
- Prepare 1 tsp of turmeric.
- Prepare 2 tbsp of sunflower or rapeseed oil.
- Take 1 of onion, finely chopped.
- Provide 1 of large fresh or tinned tomato, finely chopped.
- Take 1 of x 400ml tin coconut milk.
- Provide 1 tbsp of palm sugar (or soft light-brown sugar).
- Take 2 tsp of tamarind paste, or juice of half a lemon.
- Take 300 g (1 lb) of 2oz) firm white fish fillets, skin removed and flesh cut into chunks about 3cm sq (1¼in).
- Get 6-8 of large prawns in their shells, cooked or raw.
- Get 2 tbsp of chopped coriander, or parsley, or the green tops of spring onion, to garnish.
Instructions to make Goan-style Fish Curry:
- Toast the coriander seeds, cumin and dried chillis in a dry frying-pan for about a minute. Crush in a pestle and mortar, then mix in the ginger, garlic, turmeric and 1 tsp salt..
- Heat the oil in a wok or frying pan over a medium heat, then add the onion and fry until soft and golden. Add the sliced chillies and cook for another minute..
- Add the coconut milk, sugar, tamarind or lemon juice and bring to just under the boil. Immediately turn down the heat and simmer for about five minutes, until the sauce has thickened slightly. Taste for seasoning..
- Season the fish with salt, then add it with the prawns to the sauce and simmer gently for about four minutes until the fish is cooked through and the prawns are bright pink. Check again for seasoning. Serve with basmati rice and garnish with herbs..
If you find this Goan-style Fish Curry recipe helpful please share it to your good friends or family, thank you and good luck.