Hello everybody, welcome to my recipe site, looking for the perfect Avnaas Amba Saasam/Pineapple and Mango Coconut Curry recipe? look no further! We provide you only the perfect Avnaas Amba Saasam/Pineapple and Mango Coconut Curry recipe here. We also have wide variety of recipes to try.
Before you jump to Avnaas Amba Saasam/Pineapple and Mango Coconut Curry recipe, you may want to read this short interesting healthy tips about Healthy Eating Doesn’t Need To Be Difficult.
Healthy eating is now a great deal more popular than before and rightfully so. The overall economy is affected by the number of men and women who are suffering from health conditions such as hypertension, which is directly associated with poor eating habits. Even though we’re always being encouraged to adopt healthy eating habits, it is also easier than ever to rely on fast food and other convenience items that are not good for us. In all probability, a lot of people believe that it takes too much work to eat healthily and that they will need to drastically alter their lifestyle. It is possible, however, to make a few minor changes that can start to make a positive impact to our everyday eating habits.
Initially, you will need to be extremely careful when food shopping that you don’t unthinkingly put things in your shopping cart that you don’t want to eat. For example, most likely you have never checked the box of your favorite cereal to find out how much sugar it contains. A superb healthy alternative can be porridge oats which have been found to be good for your heart and can give you good sustainable energy daily. Add fruits or spices to improve how the oatmeal tastes and now you have a breakfast that can be a normal part of your new healthy diet.
As you can see, it’s easy to begin incorporating healthy eating into your life.
We hope you got insight from reading it, now let’s go back to avnaas amba saasam/pineapple and mango coconut curry recipe. To make avnaas amba saasam/pineapple and mango coconut curry you need 11 ingredients and 6 steps. Here is how you do it.
The ingredients needed to cook Avnaas Amba Saasam/Pineapple and Mango Coconut Curry:
- Provide 2 cups of pineapple chunks.
- Take 2 of mangoes, peeled and cut into cubes (the sweet variety).
- Take 1/4 cup of black raisins.
- Prepare of For the coconut masala:.
- Prepare 3/4 cup of grated coconut (fresh or frozen).
- Prepare 2 of dry red chillies, roasted.
- Use 1 tsp of mustard seeds.
- Get of Other ingredients:.
- You need 1/2 cup of jaggery (unrefined cane or palm sugar) or to taste.
- Prepare Pinch of salt.
- Take of Green or black grapes (optional).
Instructions to make Avnaas Amba Saasam/Pineapple and Mango Coconut Curry:
- Peel and chop pineapples into bite-sized pieces. Transfer to a saucepan with water enough to cover it and bring to a boil. Once it comes to a boil, reduce heat and simmer covered until slightly cooked. Add jaggery to taste as well as a pinch of salt (to balance the flavors), mix well and cook for a few more minutes until the jaggery has dissolved and the pineapple mixture is slightly thick..
- Remove from heat and let cool completely. At this stage, once it is cooled, you can refrigerate until you are ready to add the mango and coconut masala and serve..
- To make the coconut masala: In a blender jar, make a smooth paste of grated (fresh or frozen) coconut, red chillies (do not add more than 2) and mustard seeds. Just before serving, stir in chopped mango pieces along with raisins (or grapes) and coconut-mustard masala into the cooked and cooled pineapple; mix well. Adjust the taste and consistency of the gravy to your preference. It is generally serve slightly thick..
- Cooked pineapple will have some gravy so adjust accordingly. Serve chilled or at room temperature; store leftovers in the refrigerator..
- Another popular version is adding the pineapple uncooked. If you are short on time, you can make the saasam with uncooked pineapple too. Do not add more red chillies as the curry may become too spicy. It is amazing how just only one or two red chillies can spice up this mixture..
- When mangoes are not in season, you can make this dish with chopped apples and grapes or use frozen or canned mango chunks. For more flavor, you can season the dish with mustard and curry leaves in coconut oil; totally optional..
If you find this Avnaas Amba Saasam/Pineapple and Mango Coconut Curry recipe valuable please share it to your good friends or family, thank you and good luck.