Hey everyone, welcome to my recipe site, if you’re looking for Red Pigeon Peas Curry recipe, look no further! We provide you only the perfect Red Pigeon Peas Curry recipe here. We also have wide variety of recipes to try.
Before you jump to Red Pigeon Peas Curry recipe, you may want to read this short interesting healthy tips about Snacks that give You Energy.
Ingesting healthy foods tends to make all the difference in the way you feel. Increasing our consumption of sensible foods while lowering the intake of unhealthy ones plays a role in a more balanced feeling. A bit of pizza doesn’t make you feel as healthy as consuming a fresh green salad. Sometimes it’s hard to find healthier foods for treats between meals. Finding snack foods that will help us feel better and increase our energy levels often involves lots of shopping and scrupulous reading of labels. Here are some healthy snacks that can be used when you need a fast pick me up.
If you’re not allergic to nuts, try having some almonds! Almonds are often considered a super food since they’re packed full of ingredients that help boost our energy while keeping us healthy. Several vitamins and minerals are located in these wonderful nuts. Tryptophan, an enzyme also found in turkey that causes drowsiness, is found in almonds. Regarding almonds, however, they wont make you long for a nap. These nuts relax the muscles and supply a general sense of comfort. Your emotional state is often lifted by simply eating almonds.
A large variety of instant health snacks is easily obtainable. When you make the choice to be healthy, it’s simple to find just what you need to be successful at it.
We hope you got benefit from reading it, now let’s go back to red pigeon peas curry recipe. You can cook red pigeon peas curry using 18 ingredients and 11 steps. Here is how you cook it.
The ingredients needed to make Red Pigeon Peas Curry:
- Get 2 cups of cleaned & washed red pigeon peas.
- Take 1 of large onion finely chopped.
- You need 1 of tomato puree.
- Get 1 tsp of Ginger-garlic paste.
- Provide 1 tsp of Garam masala.
- Use 1 tsp of cumin powder.
- You need 1 tsp of coriander powder.
- Provide 1 tbsp of curry powder.
- Provide 1 pinch of asafoetida.
- You need 5-6 of curry leaves.
- Take 1 tsp of green chilli paste.
- Provide 1 of 1 /2 tsp red chilli powder.
- Use 1/4 tsp of turmeric powder.
- Prepare 1 tsp of mustard seeds.
- Prepare 1/2 tsp of cumin seeds.
- Provide 3 tbsp of sunflower oil.
- Use to taste of Salt.
- Use 2 tbsp of finely chopped coriander leaves.
Steps to make Red Pigeon Peas Curry:
- In a mixing bowl add cleaned and washed red pigeon Peas, add enough water to it. Soak for 2 hours or overnight..
- Next pressure cook for 4 to 5 whistles then cool and drain it well..
- Heat the oil in pan, once oil is heat sufficiently..
- Add mustard seeds, hing, curry leaves and Cumin seeds, allow to splutter them..
- Add Ginger garlic paste saute until raw smell disappears..
- Now add green chilli paste and finely chopped Onions saute they become translucent..
- Add tomato puree and stir continuously on low to medium flame. They turn soft and mushy..
- Further add all spices like turmeric, red chilli powder, garam masala, cumin and coriander powder, saute till it becomes aromatic on low flame..
- After add boiled Pigeon Peas, Curry powder and salt according to taste mix well. Additionally, add required little water then cover and simmer for 3-4 mins..
- Furthermore, add chopped coriander leaves. mix well..
- Finally enjoy the Red Pigeon Peas Curry with chapati, rice etc..
If you find this Red Pigeon Peas Curry recipe useful please share it to your close friends or family, thank you and good luck.