Hey everyone, welcome to our recipe site, if you’re looking for Vegetarian black bean curry quesadillas recipe, look no further! We provide you only the perfect Vegetarian black bean curry quesadillas recipe here. We also have wide variety of recipes to try.
Before you jump to Vegetarian black bean curry quesadillas recipe, you may want to read this short interesting healthy tips about Healthy Eating Doesn’t Have To Be A Chore.
The benefits of healthy eating are these days being given more attention than ever before and there are a number of reasons why this is so. There are numerous diseases associated with a poor diet and there is a cost to the overall economy as people suffer from diseases such as heart disease and high blood pressure. There are more and more efforts to try to get people to follow a more healthy way of living and yet it is also easier than ever to rely on fast, convenient food that is very bad for our health. Most likely, most people believe that it takes too much work to eat healthily and that they will need to drastically change their lifestyle. It is possible, however, to make some simple changes that can start to make a good impact on our daily eating habits.
You can make similar changes with the oils that you use to cook your food. Olive oil is a monounsaturated fat which can help to lower bad cholesterol. It is also a good source of Vitamin E which has a lot of benefits and is also good for your skin. Although you may already consume a great deal of fruits and leafy greens, you may want to consider how fresh they are. If at all possible, try to buy organic produce that has not been sprayed with toxic chemicals. If you can locate a good local supplier of fresh fruit and vegetables, you can also ingest foods that have not lost their nutrients because of storage or not being harvested at the right time.
Thus, it should be quite obvious that it’s not difficult to add healthy eating to your life.
We hope you got insight from reading it, now let’s go back to vegetarian black bean curry quesadillas recipe. You can cook vegetarian black bean curry quesadillas using 23 ingredients and 12 steps. Here is how you achieve it.
The ingredients needed to prepare Vegetarian black bean curry quesadillas:
- Provide 1 tablespoon of olive oil.
- Use 1/2 of a white onion diced.
- You need 2 cloves of garlic minced.
- Use 1 tablespoon of minced ginger.
- Take 1 1/2 tablespoons of curry powder.
- Prepare 1 1/2 teaspoon of red chili flake.
- You need 1 of large tomato fully diced, with juices.
- Use 1 (26.5 oz) of can of black beans, drained and rinsed.
- Get 3-4 cups of crumbled queso fresco.
- You need 1 Tablespoon of fresh lemon juice.
- Provide 1/3 cup of fine chopped cilantro.
- Use to taste of salt.
- Provide 12 of tortilas.
- You need of sauce ingredients.
- Prepare 1 1/2 cup of sour. cream.
- Take 1/3 cup of heavy cream.
- You need 1 cup of fresh cilantro.
- Use 1/2 cup of fresh mint.
- Provide 2 clove of garlic.
- Get 1 tablespoon of fresh lemon juice.
- Provide 1 tablespoon of fresh cracked black pepper.
- You need 1 teaspoon of red pepper flake.
- Take 1 teaspoon of sea salt.
Instructions to make Vegetarian black bean curry quesadillas:
- In a large skillet on med high heat, saute onion. Garlic and ginger for 3 minutes.
- Add curry powder, chili flake and stir about 2 minutes.
- Add tomato and juices, stir. Salt to taste and reduce heat to medium, allowing juices to form and create a sauce..
- Add black beans, stir. Reduce heat to simmer until beans are heated then turn off heat. Cool completely..
- Add chopped cilantro and cheese, stir gently to incorporate. Keep cool until ready to ptep.
- Sauce instructions.
- In a blender combine all sauce ingredients. Blend well and chill until ready to serve..
- On a medium heat skillet, place a buttered tortilla, butter side down.
- Top with about a 1/3 cup of bean mixture allowing a 1/2 inch room to melt out to the edge and top with a buttered tortilla, butter side up.
- Allow bottom tortilla to crisp and turn golden and cheese to melt, then flip and remove when the other side is golden.
- Place on a cutting surface to cool for 3-5 minutes, then use a pizza cutter to slice..
- Serve drizzled with cream sauce or sauce on the side for dipping and some chopped cilantro or mint for garnish..
If you find this Vegetarian black bean curry quesadillas recipe helpful please share it to your close friends or family, thank you and good luck.