Hey everyone, welcome to my recipe site, looking for the perfect Meat and potato samosas recipe? look no further! We provide you only the best Meat and potato samosas recipe here. We also have wide variety of recipes to try.
Before you jump to Meat and potato samosas recipe, you may want to read this short interesting healthy tips about Healthy Eating Can Be An Easy Option.
The benefits of healthy eating are today being given more publicity than ever before and there are many reasons for this. The overall economy is impacted by the number of individuals who are suffering from health problems such as high blood pressure, which is directly associated with poor eating habits. While we’re constantly being encouraged to follow healthy eating habits, it is also easier than ever to depend on fast food and other convenience items that are not good for us. In all probability, a lot of people believe that it takes a great deal of work to eat healthily and that they will need to drastically change their lifestyle. In reality, however, just making a couple of minor changes can positively impact everyday eating habits.
In order to see results, it is definitely not essential to drastically alter your eating habits. If you wish to commit to a wholesale change, that is OK but the main thing at first is to try to make sure that you are making more healthy eating choices. Sooner or later, you will find that you actually prefer to ingest healthy foods after you have eaten that way for some time. As you stick to your habit of eating healthier foods, you will discover that you won’t wish to eat the old diet.
Therefore, it should be fairly obvious that it’s not at all hard to add healthy eating to your daily lifestyle.
We hope you got insight from reading it, now let’s go back to meat and potato samosas recipe. To make meat and potato samosas you only need 18 ingredients and 18 steps. Here is how you achieve that.
The ingredients needed to make Meat and potato samosas:
- Take 4 cups of flour (all purpose).
- Provide 9 tbsp of oil.
- You need 1 tsp of salt.
- Use of Water.
- Use of Around half a kg of meat (I used lamb).
- Provide 4 of small potatoes peeled and cubed.
- Take 2 tbsp of mild madras curry powder.
- Use 2 tbsp of paprika.
- Use Half of a large onion.
- Use 1 tbsp of thyme.
- Provide 1 tbsp of garlic powder.
- Use 1 tbsp of grated garlic.
- Prepare 2 tbsp of grated ginger.
- Prepare 1 of chilli.
- You need of Soy sauce.
- Get 2 tbsp of lamb seasoning.
- You need 1 cup of frozen spinach.
- Use 1 tbsp of ghee.
Steps to make Meat and potato samosas:
- Crumb together the flour and oil until combined well. This process takes around 3 or 4 minutes.
- Add water little by little until the dough just comes together. Don't add too much water and allow the dough to become too soft. This dough should be firm.
- Cover with clingfilm and rest.
- Start the filling by adding the onion into a pan with oil on a low heat with a small amount of brown sugar..
- Dice your potatoes into small cubes and add to the pan. Keep the pan on a low heat and cover.
- Grate the garlic and ginger and add to the pan along with the other seasonings except the lamb seasoning and mix in. Then add the chopped chilli..
- Turn up the heat to medium – high then make a well in the potatoes and add the ghee, followed by the minced meat.
- Add the lamb seasoning a sprinkle of salt then mix in..
- Cook the mince then cover the pan..
- When the mince and potatoes are cooked turn off the pan and transfer the mix into a bowl to cool.
- Divide the dough into quarters. Then each quarter into 3. But vary the size if its too thick or thin.
- Roll into a large circle and cut in half to make semi circles.
- Take the semi circle and grab each side of the semi circle, the flat side facing upwards and bring to the middle to form a cone. Use water to press the side together on the cone..
- Trim the excess dough at the top and use a spoon to fill the cones with the filling..
- Fold over and seal with wet fingers or a fork. Continue this until you've filled all the samosas.
- Heat up some oil in a pan. Enough to deep fry the samosas. The heat should be medium – low. If the the heat is too high they won't crisp up..
- Remove when golden brown and place on a plate lined with kitchen towel..
- Enjoy with your favourite dipping sauce..
If you find this Meat and potato samosas recipe valuable please share it to your close friends or family, thank you and good luck.