Hello everybody, welcome to our recipe page, looking for the perfect Jamaican Curry Chicken recipe? look no further! We provide you only the best Jamaican Curry Chicken recipe here. We also have wide variety of recipes to try.
Before you jump to Jamaican Curry Chicken recipe, you may want to read this short interesting healthy tips about Nutritious Power Goodies.
Healthy eating helps bring about a feeling of well being. Whenever we eat more healthy meals and a lesser amount of of the unhealthy ones we usually feel much better. Eating more vegetables helps you feel much better than eating a slice of pizza. Deciding on healthier food choices can be challenging if it is snack time. You can spend several hours at the grocery store searching for the perfect snack foods to help you feel healthy. There’s nothing like one of these healthy foods when you need an energy-boosting snack food.
When searching for a convenient healthy snack, make sure you remember about yogurt. Eating yogurt in place of a wholesome larger lunch isn’t a good idea. As a treat, however, yogurt is one of the very best things you’ll be able to reach for. Along with calcium, it’s a good source of necessary protein and vitamin B. Easily digestible, yogurt can also help your gastrointestinal system work appropriately depending upon the culture used to produce it. Yogurt mixes beautifully with nuts as well as seeds. This minimizes your sugar consumption without lowering the taste of your snack.
A large assortment of quick health snacks is easily obtainable. Being healthy and balanced doesnt really need to be a battle-if you let it, it can be quite easy.
We hope you got benefit from reading it, now let’s go back to jamaican curry chicken recipe. You can have jamaican curry chicken using 14 ingredients and 10 steps. Here is how you achieve that.
The ingredients needed to make Jamaican Curry Chicken:
- Prepare 3-4 of lbs. Boneless Skinless Chicken Thighs (Cut Bite Size).
- You need 1 of Large Yellow Onion (Roughly Chopped).
- Use 1 Bunch of Green Onions (Roughly Chopped).
- Use 1 of 1"- 2" Piece of Fresh Ginger (Peeled & Roughly Chopped).
- Get 4-5 Cloves of Garlic (Roughly Chopped).
- Prepare 1-2 of Scotch Bonnet Peppers (Habanero Peppers Can Be Subbed).
- You need 1/2 Cup of Fresh Cilantro.
- Prepare 6-8 Sprigs of Fresh Thyme (Pulled Off Stems).
- You need 1/2 Cup of Jamaican Curry Powder.
- Take 1 lb. of Gold Potatoes (Cut into 2" Cubes).
- Prepare 4 Cups of Chicken Broth.
- Prepare 1/4 Cup of Olive or Veg Oil.
- Provide 1 tsp. of Salt Divided (Or to Taste).
- Take 1 tsp. of Black Pepper (Or to Taste).
Steps to make Jamaican Curry Chicken:
- Add Onion, Green Onions, Ginger, Garlic, 1 Scotch Bonnet Pepper, Thyme, Cilantro, & 1/2 of the Salt to a Food Processor. Pulse Until Well Combined..
- Pour Marinade in a Freezer Bag with the Cut Up Chicken Thighs. Seal and Refrigerate for 1 – 2 Hours. (Overnight is Best).
- In a High Walled Pot, Add Curry Powder, and Toast over Low Heat until Aromatic..
- Add Marinated Chicken to Pot and Mix Well with Curry. Add Rest of Salt, Black Pepper, and Gold Potatoes. Stir..
- Pour Chicken Broth over Chicken and Potatoes..
- Cover and Bring to a Boil. Once Boiling, Turn Down to a Low Simmer. Cook for 25 Minutes..
- Uncover, and Add the Other Chopped Scotch Bonnet or Habanero Pepper if using one. Skip This Step if You Don't Like it Too Spicy..
- Cook Uncovered for Another 30 Minutes or Until the Chicken is Tender and the Sauce is Thickened to Your Liking..
- Serve Alone or With Rice. (I like Jasmine Rice).
If you find this Jamaican Curry Chicken recipe helpful please share it to your good friends or family, thank you and good luck.