Hello everybody, welcome to our recipe page, if you’re looking for Tenderest Beef Curry recipe, look no further! We provide you only the perfect Tenderest Beef Curry recipe here. We also have wide variety of recipes to try.
Before you jump to Tenderest Beef Curry recipe, you may want to read this short interesting healthy tips about Healthy Eating Doesn’t Have To Be A Chore.
Opting to eat healthily provides marvelous benefits and is becoming a more popular way of life. The overall economy is affected by the number of individuals who suffer from health problems such as high blood pressure, which is directly associated with poor eating habits. Although we’re constantly being counseled to adopt healthy eating habits, it is also easier than ever to depend on fast food and other convenience items that are not good for us. In all probability, a lot of people think that it takes too much work to eat healthily and that they will need to drastically alter their lifestyle. In reality, however, simply making some small changes can positively affect daily eating habits.
You can make similar modifications with the oils that you use for cooking. For example, monounsaturated fat like as olive oil can help counter the bad cholesterol in your diet. Olive oil can also be good for your skin as it is a great source of vitamin E. It might be that you already feel that you eat fruit and leafy greens but it can be worthwhile considering how fresh these are depending on where you get these. If you choose organic foods, you can avoid the problem of eating crops that may have been sprayed with toxic pesticides. Looking for a local supplier of fresh vegetables and fruits will give you the option of consuming foods that still have virtually all of the nutrients which are often lost when produce has been kept in storage before selling it.
Therefore, it should be quite obvious that it’s not at all difficult to add healthy eating to your life.
We hope you got benefit from reading it, now let’s go back to tenderest beef curry recipe. To cook tenderest beef curry you need 27 ingredients and 12 steps. Here is how you achieve that.
The ingredients needed to prepare Tenderest Beef Curry:
- Get 3 lbs of top sirloin, cut into strips 1/2 inch thick x 1-2 inches.
- Provide 2 tbsp of salt.
- You need 3 tbsp of black pepper.
- Get 6 tbsp of garam masala.
- You need 1 cup of yogurt.
- Use 2 tsp of fennel seeds.
- Take 1 tsp of caraway seeds.
- Take 2 tbsp of cumin.
- You need 2 tbsp of coriander.
- Get 2 tsp of turmeric.
- Use 1 of onion, diced.
- Use 2 tbsp of ghee (clarified butter).
- You need 8 of garlic cloves grated.
- Provide 2 tbsp of ginger paste.
- Take 5 of cardamom pods.
- You need 5 of cloves.
- Use 2 of cinnamon sticks.
- Use 1/2 cup of hot madras curry powder.
- Provide 1 cup of beef broth.
- Take 1 (28 oz) of can stewed tomatoes.
- Prepare 1 tbsp of garlic powder.
- You need 2 tbsp of soy sauce.
- Take 1 tbsp of anchovy paste.
- Use 3 tbsp of cinnamon.
- Provide 6 of thai chiles, finely chopped (or 3 serrano chiles).
- Prepare 3 tbsp of tomatoe paste.
- Provide 2 tbsp of apple cider vinegar.
Steps to make Tenderest Beef Curry:
- Combine beef, salt, pepper, yogurt, and garam masala in a ziplock bag or in a bowl. Coat all the beef. Put in the fridge to marinate at least 1 hour up to overnight..
- Toast fennel and caraway seeds, cumin, coriander and turmeric. Grind in a spice grinder or mortar and pestle until fine. Set aside..
- Put 1 tbsp of butter in a cast iron dutch oven over medium heat. Add chopped onion and stir until brown. Once you start to get some good browning add 1/2 cup of water to the mix. These will be cooking for about 15 minutes so we'll come back to them in step 5..
- Heat another cast iron pan over medium high heat and add 1 tbsp butter. When the pan is searing hot (about 3 minutes) add pieces of beef. You will probably have to work these in batches. Cook the meat just long enough to get a sear on each side. Remove and set aside.
- Back to your onions.once the water has evaporated, add another 1/2 cup. Wait another fifteen minutes until all the water has evaporated..
- When all the waters gone, you should have nice caramelized onions..
- Add toasted spice mix, cardamom pods, cloves, garlic, ginger, curry powder and cinnamon sticks to the pan. Stir around for about 30 seconds.
- Add the beef broth, scrape the bottom of the pan to release any frond from cooking the spices. Stir well..
- Crush tomatoes with you fingers in a small bowl until all the large chunks are basically pureed..
- Add tomatoes, garlic powder, soy sauce, anchovy paste, cinnamon, chilies, tomato paste and the beef to the pot. Stir well..
- Now the hard parts done, bring the curry to a boil over medium high heat, then reduce to medium. Allow the curry to thicken and reduce for about one hour. Stir every fifteen minutes, making sure to scrape the bottom of the pan..
- After an hour you should have a thick fragrant beef curry. Serve over basmati rice..
If you find this Tenderest Beef Curry recipe valuable please share it to your good friends or family, thank you and good luck.