Hey everyone, welcome to our recipe page, if you’re looking for Masoor Dahl (Red Lentil Curry) with Rice recipe, look no further! We provide you only the perfect Masoor Dahl (Red Lentil Curry) with Rice recipe here. We also have wide variety of recipes to try.
Before you jump to Masoor Dahl (Red Lentil Curry) with Rice recipe, you may want to read this short interesting healthy tips about Healthy Eating Doesn’t Need To Be Difficult.
The benefits of healthy eating are nowadays being given more attention than ever before and there are good reasons for doing this. The overall economy is impacted by the number of men and women who suffer from conditions such as hypertension, which is directly related to poor eating habits. Wherever you look, people are encouraging you to live a healthier lifestyle but but then, you are also being encouraged to rely on fast foods that can affect your health in a detrimental way. In all probability, most people think that it takes too much work to eat healthily and that they will need to drastically alter their way of life. In reality, though, merely making a few modest changes can positively impact everyday eating habits.
Initially, you must be extremely careful when food shopping that you don’t automatically put things in your basket that you don’t want to eat. For instance, have you ever checked how much sugar and salt are in your breakfast cereal? One wholesome option that can give you a positive start to your day is oatmeal. Mix in fruits or spices to improve the flavor and now you have a breakfast that can become a regular part of your new healthy eating regimen.
Hence, it should be somewhat obvious that it’s not difficult to add healthy eating to your life.
We hope you got benefit from reading it, now let’s go back to masoor dahl (red lentil curry) with rice recipe. You can have masoor dahl (red lentil curry) with rice using 18 ingredients and 12 steps. Here is how you cook it.
The ingredients needed to prepare Masoor Dahl (Red Lentil Curry) with Rice:
- You need 1 cups of lentils (red kind).
- Get 4 cups of water.
- Prepare 2 of onion.
- Take 2 of tomato.
- Get to taste of Ginger root.
- Get cloves of Garlic to taste.
- Use of Ground cumin.
- Get of Ground garam masala.
- Get of Ground coriander.
- Get of Ground cardamom.
- Take of Chili powder.
- Provide of Cayenne pepper.
- Prepare of Ground turmeric.
- You need of Salt.
- Prepare of Ghee or oil.
- Take of Fresh Coriander.
- Use of Ground cinnamon.
- Get 1 cup of rice.
Instructions to make Masoor Dahl (Red Lentil Curry) with Rice:
- Wash and rinse the rice. Then cook your rice per package directions and set aside. While rice is cooking wash and rinse your lentils then set aside.
- Dice onion garlic ginger tomato and set aside.
- In a bowl, proportion your spices to taste and set aside. I usually lead with turmeric and cumin as 11/2tsp ea followed by the rest at 1/4 to 1/2 tsp ea. You could just use a curry powder if you want. Proportion to taste. I used a curry powder (big pile on white cutting board) in the below photo along with some other spices. I did use a measuring spoon because it makes cool little piles).
- Heat ghee or oil in a pot then saute the onion until brown over medium high heat.
- Add garlic and ginger to pot then saute for another 1 minutes or so.
- Add diced tomato and saute for another 2 minutes or so.
- Add spices and mix into the masala and let them cook for 1 minute or so.
- Add lentils and mix until coated in spices.
- Add water, start with 2 cups in and then bring to boil then turn heat down and simmer covered for 20 to 30 minutes. Make sure to check it and give it a stir every so often. Add additional water as needed to form your desired consistency. (Blury photo).
- Chop the coriander then add to the pot. Reserve some leaves to add to each serving. Below photo was taken before I added some coriander to my bowl.
- You can do the same thing with chickpeas (channa dahl) just follow direction for preparing/cooking dried chickpeas or use canned version. I prefer the dried pulses..
- You can also omit the pulse and just add chicken and potato to make a chicken curry dish. I guess that is another receipe…lol.
If you find this Masoor Dahl (Red Lentil Curry) with Rice recipe valuable please share it to your close friends or family, thank you and good luck.